The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pets and Charities Opportunity?

guarstompemoji
guarstompemoji
✭✭✭✭
A long time ago, I used to work in rescue. Today, due to health and COVID, like others here, I am unable to do so.

These days, I spend time on ESO, and while I have made some great friends here and fallen in love with its community, there is one thing that would make it magical. ZOS, since many of us cannot get out, could you give us something EXTRA wonderful to spend our Crowns on?

I would love it purchases of a cat/dog from the store could go towards a shelter charity, be it the ASPCA or any other animal shelter group.

While we may cannot roll up our sleeves to help in person, we can game, we can donate. Marrying the two, at least for a small event, seems a golden opportunity, and would showcase some of TES' wonderful creature artwork, as a boon.

I cannot tell you how much my heart goes out to these shelters, and rescues who roll up their sleeves every day. I would lend my $$ to this, if you made it possible.

Thank you for your time,

beagles
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they make another event like what they did with the Elsweyr Event, they've made enough money from clown crates.

If you don't remember it was for every like 100 dragons killed, they donated money to Cat rescue charities.
    Edited by MagicalLija on July 17, 2020 10:20PM
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they make another event like what they did with the Elsweyr Event, they've made enough money from clown crates.

If you don't remember it was for every like 100 dragons killed, they donated money to Cat rescue charities.

I'd heard of something like this, though I was not around during this time. It sounds fun. :3

Maybe they'll do it for more general shelter charities. ^^;

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really trust charities.

A lot of them are businesses in disguise, that get rich by taking donations (often from the old and the poor) and then not paying their (genuinely caring) volunteers.

Not to mention that some of them (e.g. some children's charities) have been involved in even worse things...

Also, a lot of animal charities kill the animals in their care, for no good reason.

Even some of the ones who say they are "no kill" send animals to other charities, which then kill them.

Most of what we see in the world is a scam, frankly.

Sorry to be so negative - especally as I appreciate your suggestion is probably coming from a good place.
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 20, 2020 5:35AM