The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Disconnection after using transitus shrine

ddgsodium
ddgsodium
✭✭✭
Anyone has this issue?
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    This always happens when attempting to port via transitus into a large battle happening in or around the destination location.
    Usually this is the case when a keep or outpost has a large enemy zerg attacking it, or when trying to port into a highly contested keep immediately after it flips to my alliance's color (and there is still a lot of fighting going on).
  • ddgsodium
    ddgsodium
    ✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Yes.
    This always happens when attempting to port via transitus into a large battle happening in or around the destination location.
    Usually this is the case when a keep or outpost has a large enemy zerg attacking it, or when trying to port into a highly contested keep immediately after it flips to my alliance's color (and there is still a lot of fighting going on).

@Major_Lag Yes Exactly! This is the case for all instances of me disconnecting.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this is related to one of the performance issues that they talked about. One was something to do with asset loading causing problems with memory, although that might be console only. The other was something to do with crashes around keeps due to a physics bug.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I wonder if this is related to one of the performance issues that they talked about. One was something to do with asset loading causing problems with memory, although that might be console only. The other was something to do with crashes around keeps due to a physics bug.
    Forgot to mention, in my case it's on PC (I don't play on console).

It looks like it's definitely connected to assets not loading correctly - when this happens, I end up in a "zombie land" where only the map geometry and buildings are loaded, but only a few players are loaded, or even no players at all (either enemy or ally).

My guess is that this happens because there are too many things happening at the same time for the server to handle, and it drops the connection because of it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Forgot to mention, in my case it's on PC (I don't play on console).

It looks like it's definitely connected to assets not loading correctly - when this happens, I end up in a "zombie land" where only the map geometry and buildings are loaded, but only a few players are loaded, or even no players at all (either enemy or ally).

My guess is that this happens because there are too many things happening at the same time for the server to handle, and it drops the connection because of it.

Honestly, we have no idea how all of this works. We know that the client is not exactly optimized, either, and it could be just that the client gives up trying to handle all the data that is coming from the server. It gets behind, updates get piled on top of updates, and it just can't keep up.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus