The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New playing looking for Lorebooks in Western Skyrim

Kamekko
Kamekko
Soul Shriven
Hi all, I've had the game almost a week and I have just finished the story arc for Greymoor and enjoyed it. I've also been doing various side quests and collecting skyshards which I now have all of for this zone. I am trying to find the last 2 lorebooks and I'm starting to pull my hair out as I feel like I've been going back and fourth since last night. I have the add on which was showing me where the books were but for whatever reason the add on is now not showing me at all, dont know if this add on just isnt up to date with the new zone?

I'm looking for House Ravenwatch Proclamation and The Road to Sovngarde - Both of which say they're apparently in "Dusktown, Bitterblade Mining Consortium, on bookshelf" When going to the building, it just wont let me in, says press E to open but the "open" is greyed out. I cant see anywhere online that might indicate theres some quests I might need to do to gain access. Am I missing something?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusktown is a stop on the Greymoor main quest, @Kamekko.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Devs really try to move books that could be locked behind Quest Content out into the accessible world. Sometimes with new content, they miss a few of the books. So, first thing is to look around where the quest givers were or end up for a quest or quest stage. Second, is to try near entrances to the locked off area.

Now, the only books that mean anything to character progression or achievements are the Blue Glowing books, and those are for the Mages Guild.

Finally, check this thread, which developers pay attention to

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467821/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help-volume-two/p1

If help for a particular book is not in there, then, post your bug in there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"