Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Passive skills are garbage

Krodhameyer
Krodhameyer
Soul Shriven
Skills like summon clannfear, or twilight, once they are cast that's it, no more work required. Bound armor is another one. I just feel that skills should be dumped into a passive skills, and active, otherwise i tend to play the game with 2/3 buttons.

Anyone else? This if from a sorcs perspective btw.
  • eevilways
    eevilways
    That'd make things kind of awkward and pointless then. A sorcerer would then have multiple permanent pets which would have to be impossible to kill since they aren't castable. Setting bound armor to passive would also then turn all sorcerers to be highly defensive at all times and be able to solely focus on offensive abilities on top of natural high defense.
  • Krodhameyer
    Krodhameyer
    Soul Shriven
    eevilways wrote: »
    That'd make things kind of awkward and pointless then. A sorcerer would then have multiple permanent pets which would have to be impossible to kill since they aren't castable. Setting bound armor to passive would also then turn all sorcerers to be highly defensive at all times and be able to solely focus on offensive abilities on top of natural high defense.

If not a passive bar, then let us do something with them, other then let them just sit there.

• eevilways
    eevilways
    Well that's the point is for them to sit there. If you have access to all of these permanent buffs at all times that in particular are meant to increase your survivability then you can load up your other slots with a bunch of attacks and CC and such this giving a huge advantage.

The other side of it is that Sorcerers have a few abilities like that. They're about the only ones that really have anything like that so it'd be a change that would greatly benefit them and have no effect on anyone else. Nightblade has 1 ability in siphon strikes that is an always on one. Templar has one that's technically an activated ability as well so would hardly count.

So the way I look at it is there really isn't something to change that allows those things to always be on and be fair. They are abilities just like everyone elses. You have the advantage of only have to cast once. All the others need to constantly cast their buffs every 6-60 seconds. :)
  • Krodhameyer
    Krodhameyer
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah but they just.. sit there.. i dunno i got used to 5 buttons, but when some skills do nothing, it's down to two or three. Meh.. suppose it's ok, got plenty of others to choose from. They should of done something so you have to activate them though, not just the once either, like have clann bite/sweep etc..
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much quest with 2-3 buttons anyway. Heck sometimes I look at 4-5 on my skill slot and am surprised what I find there.

But I do get what you are saying. If they were more like the Templars stamina recovery skill that provides 15% boost when slotted, and 80% to those nearby for 6 seconds when activated. So the Templar might have a reason to press it from time to time.

Giving the clanfear a channeled block, or a roar headbutt that reduces power. Or that silly waddle knock down that most the clanfear mobs seem to have. Some reason to press the button from time to time. Although I suppose you would have to Change the coding so if they were slotted they were out. So pressing the button would activate whatever and not just resummon.
  • Krodhameyer
    Krodhameyer
    Soul Shriven

But I do get what you are saying. If they were more like the Templars stamina recovery skill that provides 15% boost when slotted, and 80% to those nearby for 6 seconds when activated. So the Templar might have a reason to press it from time to time.

Yeah something like that. I suppose it's mainly a sorc thing, bound armour, clann, twilight etc..