Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Dot Build

Adena
Adena
Just figured I would share my idea for a ranged sorc spec based completely around dots. I don't have all the skills to make it for myself yet, but thought it would be good to throw it out there.

Sorc Dot Build

Main abilities:

Poison Injection (Bow)
Degeneration (Mage's Guild)
Consuming Trap (Soul Magic)
Searing Rune (Mage's Guild)
Inner Light (Mage's Guild)

Ult: Soul Assault (Soul Magic)

Key secondary abilities:
Quick Siphon (Resto Staff)
Streak (Stormcalling)

I'm hoping it would be a fun build in PvP since there are only 2 cleanses in the game that I know of, and only 1 of them can get rid of all 4 dots and is class based. Might want to travel with a friend that has some burst damage to support you though. Try it and let me know how you like it! Can't wait to build it myself.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dots in this game is bad

people will just out heal it or run away or like most of the time kill you befor you do ANY serious dot dmg....

Dots in this game barely tickle anyone lol....

sadly this is true to mostly ALL mmos i never saw a single mmo where dots arent outhealed bicous they do *** dmg......

in PvE they are good...
    in PvP allways broken....
    Edited by Zordrage on April 20, 2014 6:40PM
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    Dots are absolutely horrific damage in this game. If you want to even try running a dot spec and pump out good damage you are going to need Crystal Fragments on your bar for instant nuking. Otherwise I would recommend staying away from dots except for velocious curse which actually puts out great damage.
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • Klat
    Klat
    Zoliru wrote: »
    dots in this game is bad

people will just out heal it or run away or like most of the time kill you befor you do ANY serious dot dmg....

Dots in this game barely tickle anyone lol....

sadly this is true to mostly ALL mmos i never saw a single mmo where dots arent outhealed bicous they do *** dmg......

in PvE they are good...
    in PvP allways broken....

Quite a shame really. The only game that ever got DoTs right was WoW, at least they were quite menacing in Burning Crusades. I loved being a Shadow Priest paired with Affliction Warlocks. Stacking all those DoTs coupled with hard CCs (Fear), and survivability skills (self heals, shield) meant you could whittle down enemies while you focus on keeping yourself alive through kiting and self heals.

The only way I could see DoTs working here is by using a hybrid of high damage DoTs and burst skills and even then it's straying far away from a true DoT spec. Pair up a bow/DoT sorc with bow/DoT/heal Templar with Solar Flare (morphed with the healing debuff) would actually be quite decent as it nerfs the enemies ability to heal themselves and has a sight bit of burst damage from Solar Flare. I'd only see this viable in a small fight setting and wouldn't work too well in larger fights.