The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Idea for a Mag Warden setup - Medusa + FG + Concentrated Force?

Arjuna1696
Arjuna1696
✭✭✭
So I'm liking the change to the Medusa set as it stands on the pts - lots of spell crit and minor force. It'd be nice to take channeled acceleration off my bar, and I hate using trap. Thinking of running Medusa & FG (or Siroria depending on content) on body + jewelry pieces so that the 5pc bonuses of both sets are active all the time, and I'm wondering if concentrated force would be good to front bar. Being able to proc chilled frequently would allow me to benefit more from the glacial presence passive that gives wardens 10% crit damage against chilled foes. Thoughts?
Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arjuna1696 wrote: »
    So I'm liking the change to the Medusa set as it stands on the pts - lots of spell crit and minor force. It'd be nice to take channeled acceleration off my bar, and I hate using trap. Thinking of running Medusa & FG (or Siroria depending on content) on body + jewelry pieces so that the 5pc bonuses of both sets are active all the time, and I'm wondering if concentrated force would be good to front bar. Being able to proc chilled frequently would allow me to benefit more from the glacial presence passive that gives wardens 10% crit damage against chilled foes. Thoughts?

Now that asylum is now supposedly super powered, I'd love to know more how it performs. It'll do wonders on magdk and magden. But is it worth running as a BIS set? I'm frankly not sure.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FGD is looking pretty weak now, probably only useful for things like vMA. I like the idea of the new Medusa since I also don’t like using Accel or Trap, TBD if it ends up being competitive, it will depend on what skill you place in that open bar slot.

Asylum Staff isn’t what it used to be, but if you have to provide all your own chilled uptime it may be worth it on Warden. You have to do the 2 force pulse casts in a row with the shorter cooldown to get the status effects, but that should fit nicely between Deep Fissure casts on Magden. Maybe a rotation like:

Fissure > Winter > Orb
    Fissure > Pulse > Pulse
    Fissure > Wall > Fetcher
    Fissure > Pulse > Pulse
    Repeat
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the new Medusa

Tbh compared to ms it will be trading 1k max mag and less than 1% of spell crit for minor force (skill slot of 10% crit dmg). I wouldn't say it is bad.
    Edited by zvavi on July 16, 2020 9:07AM
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    So I guess the main thing to test is if high chill uptime and lots of burning procs are comparable to the damage output of Zaan / Skoria.
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FGD is looking pretty weak now, probably only useful for things like vMA. I like the idea of the new Medusa since I also don’t like using Accel or Trap, TBD if it ends up being competitive, it will depend on what skill you place in that open bar slot.

Asylum Staff isn’t what it used to be, but if you have to provide all your own chilled uptime it may be worth it on Warden. You have to do the 2 force pulse casts in a row with the shorter cooldown to get the status effects, but that should fit nicely between Deep Fissure casts on Magden. Maybe a rotation like:

Fissure > Winter > Orb
    Fissure > Pulse > Pulse
    Fissure > Wall > Fetcher
    Fissure > Pulse > Pulse
    Repeat

DoT rotations are pretty strong on Magden's too, dropping the minor force skill to allow for an extra DoT each 1-2 rotation I think will increase DPS.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arjuna1696 wrote: »
    So I guess the main thing to test is if high chill uptime and lots of burning procs are comparable to the damage output of Zaan / Skoria.

Well. Bonus crit damage might do that.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Fissure > Winter > Orb
    Fissure > Pulse > Pulse
    Fissure > Wall > Fetcher
    Fissure > Pulse > Pulse
    Repeat

DoT rotations are pretty strong on Magden's too, dropping the minor force skill to allow for an extra DoT each 1-2 rotation I think will increase DPS.

Yeah I'd be excited to see.