The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necropotence post ptr

Wolf81
Wolf81
✭✭✭
Curious if you think necropotence will have less use/value post ptr in regards to two changes coming (mostly aimed at magicka pet sorcs):

-Necropotence: Reduced the Magicka granted while a pet is active to 3132, down from 3150. Which is minor but...

-All pets from this skill line now use a hybrid of your Spell Damage and Max Magicka, rather than purely Max Magicka. This change was done to reduce the total power of these abilities when stacking a singular stat.

If so what would suggest as another overworld filler set something prior to getting false god of course.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    New Moon Acolyte? Alkosh is probably going to give less pen so the pen stat on NMA might no longer be a wasted stat on magicka builds. And the 610 spell damage will no longer be wasted on sorc pets. But sustain is rough on MagSorc if you don't heavy attack, so NMA might only work for the non-meta build with heavy attacks.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enough of a change for me to change from Necropotence. I generally get it for the magicka boost early in the life of my character.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necropotence is reasonably balanced against Julianos.

A lot of other sets can do that well or better while being single-barred.

It seems that Harness/Dampen Magicka and Empowered/Hardened Ward remain as magicka-only scalers. I actually like that, as it could be useful to staff-based tanks.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly don't know if its going to make any difference for me. My pet sorc runs around 60K magika in all purple gear (excluding staves and monster helm) and around 2800 spell damage self-buffed. With a healer, that goes up to around 3300-3400, and with a healer/tank running trial sets, that gets to a respectable 3600 or so.

The one thing i *may* do is make all of my jewelry traits infused. Sacrifice 3-5K max magika in order to gain a bit more spell damage, which would scale better with power surge.

and Sustain is not an issue on my pet sorc because all I really do is throw down wall, lightning flood, daedric prey, and heavy attack.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm still going to use necropotence, blue betty doesn't deal damage so i only feel the smaller change.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    i'm still going to use necropotence, blue betty doesn't deal damage so i only feel the smaller change.

Oh for sure necropotence will still have good value on wardens even magden bear was always hybrid of SP/magicka since it was an ultimate too.

For petsorc though on full 2 pet heavy lightning build necropotence might end up being almost a 50% pet damage loss.

I have few other sets ready but not sure what the number will be my prime candidate:
    Is Destruction Mastery(which gets 5pc buff) paired with crafted Jualianos alternative being New Moon Acolyte but I have not been a fan of kiss curse sets.