The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Scrying error "Skill not unlocked"

LMarshall910
LMarshall910
✭✭
Hi guys, I've been playing on Xbox One with the new scrying tool with no problems (other than the usual lag etc), but the latest patch update seems to have broken this for me. When I go to scry an antiquity I get an error saying "skill not unlocked".
826w77lsmy7v.jpeg
Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, does ZOS have a response? I want to finish the scrying skill line but am unable to do so.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    I might also add that I have uninstalled the game from an external hard drive and reinstalled it onto the internal hard drive to see if it fixes the issue but it didn't fix anything.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Quick update:
    I have created a new character and done the antiquities quest in Western Skyrim. No problems with the new character.

I went back to my main character and the problem is still there but now any excavation skill points I have spent now do not show. Weird, and a waste of my hard earnt skill points.

There is also no way to re-do the quest. An idea for ZOS, could this quest be made a repeatable or something?
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so the character that you have this problem has previously done the Antiquities intro quest in Solitude, and unlocked the Scrying and Excavation skill lines, but you can't use those skills now? Weird. (I have not seen this issue on PC). I hope you have opened a support desk ticket for this issue, it's more serious than most.

When you look at your skill lines under the World section, do you still have both skill lines showing, and the same amount of skill points invested? IF you go into your achievements for Greymoor, do you have any achievements for the Antiquities parts?

At minimum you SHOULD be able to recover the skill points invested by going to a respec shrine. This doesn't help with being able to do Antiquities on that character though (nor get further achievements there etc., nor reward all the time you had previously invested into levelling up the skill lines).
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @lmarshall1995 have you tried doing a skill respec? Clearing every skill the restarting the game and then re-configuring?
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Yes, under the world section both skills do come up, however not allocated as they should be. I invested into three Excavation skills in addition to the 1/2 Hand brush that was initially there. Two of which being Augur and one being Excavator's reserves. Excavation is now completely empty and Scrying only shows 2/5 Antiquarian insight when I allocated 3/5, and the Scry ability that was initially there is unallocated and I cannot get it to be allocated.

I tried a skill respec using the shrine of Stendarr (At the cost of 20,050 gold) but no changes stayed after making them.

Thanks for the idea, was worth a shot but doesn't look like it has fixed anything unfortunately.

I have submitted a ticket but the automatic response is less than helpful considering I've had this issue for over a week and played every day with much more than a 15 minute break:
    "Most in-game issues are resolved by logging out for 15 minutes and logging back in."

The in game achievements are still there but obviously can't progress any further. E.g. Excavation Virtuoso is at 97/100 which is really annoying as it is so close.

@ZOS_FelipeF @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please consider sending @Imarshall1995 a free skill respec crown item xD
    Edited by RT01100111 on July 3, 2020 4:57PM
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    My support ticket number is 200703-004891 by the way

@ZOS_FelipeF @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    I was just playing a bit in the Imperial City, and I managed to pick up a yellow lead. I thought maybe my scrying has been fixed, great.

I was wrong.

Now I have completely lost my skill points that I earnt and both excavation and scrying are empty.

When I try to scry, I now get a different error. It now says: "Your skill level is not high enough to scry for this antiquity."

The only problem is, I don't have any skill points because they have been spent on the skills.
    gcwhyarco9kb.jpeg
    u5lucuudydjk.jpeg
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @lmarshall1995 please be careful in tagging every GM you see in this forum on each post.
    Anytime there is a comment on here or edit all GMs are notified.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    No one has replied. That's why I tagged them.
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Fingers crossed this gets sorted in today's patch update...
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    So with the invisible patch update today, still no fix. Still no response from anyone either...
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Just another update. I have now had a response to my ticket. They have asked me quite a few questions. Most of which what we have already covered. Another one was what current character effects I have active. I have the Boon: The Atronoch effect active.

Their latest response is as follows:

Greetings!
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team back about this issue.
    After review, this has been escalated to a specialized team for further investigation. A member of that team will contact you as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your patience and we hope you have a great day!
    Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

So hopefully someone will get back to me soon.

I've managed to overtake where I got to in scrying and excavation on another characte as well so it is 100% a problem with that particular character.