Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the Character—Lady Thorn"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
nwkwqk7x43vp.png

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Meet the Character—Lady Thorn"

Mystery surrounds the reclusive vampire Lady Thorn, hidden away within her castle atop the mountains of Western Skyrim. Discover the secrets of this ancient noble in our latest Meet the Character!
Staff Post
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, previous article (meeting Fennorian) stated that Gwendis was there when plea to investigate Unhallowed Grave have arrived to the Castle Ravenwatch, is it not? Retcon? I understand that you need to repeat everything for new people but it's a direct contradiction here.
    Edited by TiaFrye on July 14, 2020 9:38PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Without any kind of Solo mode for players interested in the STORY aspects of a dungeon, all the writers' work is completely wasted since group finder players will just then rush through without talking to anyone or bothering to listen to what Lady Thorn or anyone has to say.
    They'll just get the walkthroughs for what to do in a dungeon from PTS players, so there's not even any learning or exploration required.

The players who are actually interested in the story, characters, dungeon design, exploration -- those are the ones who never get to do it properly because there is no SOLO STORY MODE in ESO.
    It's not even that hard to implement without overhauling most dungeons -- http://gq-game-mods.blogspot.com/2020/07/eso-solo-story-mode-for-dungeons.html

@ZOS_Finn @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 14, 2020 7:08PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has all those awful pointy bits that our people like to put on things.”

LOLOL :D

Finally, SOMEBODY mentions it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fennorian: "She's not bothering anyone, so maybe we should leave well enough alone?"

Undaunted: "Nah. Come on, what could possibly go wrong?!"
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Without any kind of Solo mode for players interested in the STORY aspects of a dungeon, all the writers' work is completely wasted since group finder players will just then rush through without talking to anyone or bothering to listen to what Lady Thorn or anyone has to say.
    They'll just get the walkthroughs for what to do in a dungeon from PTS players, so there's not even any learning or exploration required.

The players who are actually interested in the story, characters, dungeon design, exploration -- those are the ones who never get to do it properly because there is no SOLO STORY MODE in ESO.
    It's not even that hard to implement without overhauling most dungeons -- http://gq-game-mods.blogspot.com/2020/07/eso-solo-story-mode-for-dungeons.html

Agreed. This is the second year in a row when I’ve had nothing but a vague, muddled idea what the whole “year-long story” was about, given the way everybody barrels through dungeons. Another vote for story mode.

• Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Um, previous article (meeting Fennorian) stated that Gwendis was there when plea to investigate Unhallowed Grave have arrived to the Castle Ravenwatch, is it not? Retcon? I understand that you need to repeat everything for new people but it's a direct contradiction here.
    Came here to say the same. Seems very odd for Fenn to tell Gwendis that he heard about Unhallowed Grave when she was present when Adusa ordered him to go there.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a form of "Story Mode", but it may not be possible with some dungeons. Basically, go in on Normal with your highest dps character and take it very carefully. I soloed both Harrowstorm dungeons with my Stamina Nightblade that way. It is pretty satisfying when you do it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Derong
    Derong
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Yes, it would be awesome to have a story mode. I for one like to enjoy the enthralling storylines i eso but miss the opportunity for doing it so fully in dungeons.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Came here to say the same. Seems very odd for Fenn to tell Gwendis that he heard about Unhallowed Grave when she was present when Adusa ordered him to go there.

Speaking of Adusa, why does she seem oddly absent from all this despite being in charge at this point in time?
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

Speaking of Adusa, why does she seem oddly absent from all this despite being in charge at this point in time?

I know right? I absolutely adore Fenn and I love Gwendis, but I do miss Adusa. I have to wonder if they were unable to possibly because they could not get her voice actress back during this unusual and stressful time. Most of the Greymoor dialogues could have already been recorded long long beforehand, while this new dungeon DLC may be more of a recent development.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    ListerJMC wrote: »

I know right? I absolutely adore Fenn and I love Gwendis, but I do miss Adusa. I have to wonder if they were unable to possibly because they could not get her voice actress back during this unusual and stressful time. Most of the Greymoor dialogues could have already been recorded long long beforehand, while this new dungeon DLC may be more of a recent development.

Perhaps? But there are some weird voice actor things going on in the Q3 PTS, so I'm not sure it's that. Other than the fact I love Adusa more than both Fenn and Gwendis, it seems really weird that the current leader of the house did one thing and has now decided to stay out of it? Why have Gwendis take on all this alone?

I hope that's explained in a later Meet the Character article and that she shows up in Q4, because it's very strange to me that she'd sit this crisis out given she knows her family is in danger.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."