Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Does Two Handed feel 'blah' to anyone else.

Red_Feather
Red_Feather
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Every time I use it, it doesn't feel or look exciting. I just can't get over that lack of interest in it.

P.S. I wish it had a windmill move. Like that thing Conan does. Spinning it from side to side for as long as you want.
Does anyone know what that move is called?

edit: I think it is called "Sword Flowering". I found this when I typed it in. 1:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be9FJeol_aQ&t=111
Edited by Red_Feather on July 11, 2020 6:27PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz demonstrate how camera is in first person when you do windmill move.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Probably just like while doing every other spinning attack.

I find it a lot more "exciting" than DW or SnB. I don't like to stab somebodies shin. I don't like to shove the top of my mace in somebody gut. But TBH I miss knocking dudes off bridges with Dizzy.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on July 11, 2020 1:13PM
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    I don't understand what you mean.

This is really confusing. Suddenly there is no name for the move. Conan the barbarian does it. Dragon's Dogma does it. Soul Calibur does it. My last 25 years of playing video games i've seen it more times than I can count, but I cannot find it now.

It is this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm5D8TS3mNY
    But with a greatsword.
    Edited by Red_Feather on July 11, 2020 2:01PM
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    IN my opinion twohander has probably best animations in game. Dualwield feels like a joke in comparison.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2h hasnt felt great since the heavy dizzy nerfs because of how strong Onslaught was around elsweyr. There used to a long cast(aim check at the beggining, end , and frontal direction check) with a rewarding burst hit and knockup that was easily telegraphed and countered by blocking, rolling, side stepping, walking out of range(soft ccing), hard ccing the caster

Now dizzy is a fast cast(easy to have players spam mindlessly). one single aim check, no directional check. 26% less damage(only made up for BY spamming mindlessly to achieve same dps....dizzy was intended as a burst skill zos, not a one click wonder spammable you do endlessly). 10% damage(through cp against offbalanced players) Stun has no animation tied to it and can come from ANY player's animation canceled medium/heavy attack. This means while the 7s offbalance is on you with a very tiny animation(likely covered by other animations) the only counterplay is to just hold block or pop an immovable pot. Then when offbalance is on cooldown(again how are players supposed to know) dizzy will do a snare for no reason(most dizzy builds other than zerg spammers wont ever even make use of the snare since most people in a burst rotation only get 2 or 3 dizzys off and then have to wait and rebuff during the offbalance cooldown period(which again as the attacker you have no idea when a player can be stunned again in alot of combat situations.....in 1v1 you need an addon tracker or just counting in your head.)
    Not only does the new dizzy playstyle heavily cater to casual players that dont want to learn simple counterplay, it only adds to the poor server performance. Adding in all these effects, timers, and checks from multiple players hitting the target only will add more strain on the server compared to the simple very spaced out long cast hit and knockup. Zos has literally been doing this all over the game, where they casuallize something that didnt have to be and is somehow at the same time causing more strain on the servers that havent worked in 4 years.
    EDIT: dont even get me started on how terrible the onslaught change from being its own unique not over powered by any means ultimate to a copy and paste of corrosive with an aoe comparable to dawnbreaker could ever have been a good idea game design wise. Especially when some ultimates like DW ult are almost never used....tbh i recently made a bomb build using dw ult and had to look up the morphs since I had no idea, and this is coming from a player that has been playing since beta. DW ult has been a joke since it came out. It could have easily been given the pen based on the number of players hit instead of how onslaught gives it all at once for hitting one player....which would have avoided the whole nerf 2h dizzy instead of the OP onslaught issue present for 5 patches in a row.
    Edited by MincVinyl on July 11, 2020 2:40PM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two handed is probably my favorite weapon skill in the game. I wish one of the morphs of dizzy swing was instant but other than that I like every skill. Brawler is absolutely phenomenal, stampede is great, executioner is great, rally is great for classes without a good source of brutality.

I still think sword and shield is really fun, but only for questing. Two hand is great for soloing vet dungeons, arenas, pvp, and dps.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    omg I found it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f891GlJb-cs

I think that would be a cool move! Could deflect projectiles and count as multi hits while constantly draining stamina.
    Edited by Red_Feather on July 11, 2020 6:29PM
  • AlwaysOnFire
    AlwaysOnFire
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fate of all spammable execute moves is that they lose their appeal because we repeat them frantically in the most tense moments of the game.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the 2H skills on my Necro-hybrid...

But dang, is it generic - stam classes have so little uniqueness. It's basically just Dizzy Swing / Excutioner or go home. The only thing that excites me about using it is that I play with an Altmer so I kind of enjoy doing something out of the box.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be cool if they did the conan move in that video and then pressing the button again does the uppercut. So it's two moves in one like the dual wield dagger throw. :o
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    2H users just need something other than dizzying swing. Any time I fight a 2H user it’s legit dizzy swing, dizzy swing, dizzy swing, dizzy swing, HA, dizzy swing, executioner. A lot of times I die from them cause I’m fighting some other group and I hear the *clunk clunk clunk* so I roll out turn around and wouldn’t ya know it’s a 2H dizzy swing spammer 😱 lmao.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant say I mind 2H skill line or its animations.

@ImSoPro

Though I do take your point, doesn't that kinda describe most prominent spammables? Particularly things like Jabs, Rapid strikes, etc...
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    Beta tester November 2013
  • KennyAr
    KennyAr
    I am new to ESO. I played a Maglar for awhile till lvl 31, then a StamWarden till lvl 21. They are fun to play. I am now playing a 2H StamDK, I love it the most among the 3. I don't have vigor or rally yet, I have to rely on a stam shield to heal. So I can't use dizzying swing that often. I use Venomous claw and Molten Whip more often in order to balance both the stam and magicka pools. The gameplay is even more tactical than the stamwarden and maglar.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    points just for showing Conan!!