The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Purple lead found in Thieves Trove box dissapeared

ZoM_Head
ZoM_Head
✭✭✭✭
As the title says, i found a thieves trove box. As we know, all items inside are considered stolen.

I found a purple lead in the trove, looted it and it just vanished. It never entered my character's inventory, i went to a refuge to see if it is "hidden" somewhere, nothing to launder or sell.

All i can recall is that lead had the title of "Aldmeri xxxxx", since i have auto loot on, i did not get a clear view on the title.

Even the lead add on i have, does not register it as ever being "looted" on my account. Is this a known bug? anyone else encounter this?

Regards.
mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure the lead didn't active in your scryable leads section? As far as I remember mine was instantly active and never actually made it into my inventory.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    Leads go into the Antiquities section of your Journal, not your inventory.
  • FeignInterest
    FeignInterest
    Soul Shriven
    I've found a blue lead, for the first part of the music box (lacquered box or something), whilst stealing from npc homes that never seemed to register. Turned out, upon quite a few replicated instances, that it was for a blue lead I already had active that I haven't scryed yet. As it is an already active lead, it doesn't flag in my scrying journal as a new lead, so appears to just vanish.
    Possibly the lead you are finding is one you already have active?
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    ethuiliel wrote: »
    Are you sure the lead didn't active in your scryable leads section? As far as I remember mine was instantly active and never actually made it into my inventory.

Yes, i have no active leads at the moment.
    Leads go into the Antiquities section of your Journal, not your inventory.

Yes, my mistake, regardless my character did not loot it.
    I've found a blue lead, for the first part of the music box (lacquered box or something), whilst stealing from npc homes that never seemed to register. Turned out, upon quite a few replicated instances, that it was for a blue lead I already had active that I haven't scryed yet. As it is an already active lead, it doesn't flag in my scrying journal as a new lead, so appears to just vanish.
    Possibly the lead you are finding is one you already have active?

Yes i was hunting down the dig site when i found the thieves trove, looted the trove while inside an active dig site.

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »
    As the title says, i found a thieves trove box. As we know, all items inside are considered stolen.

I found a purple lead in the trove, looted it and it just vanished. It never entered my character's inventory, i went to a refuge to see if it is "hidden" somewhere, nothing to launder or sell.

All i can recall is that lead had the title of "Aldmeri xxxxx", since i have auto loot on, i did not get a clear view on the title.

Even the lead add on i have, does not register it as ever being "looted" on my account. Is this a known bug? anyone else encounter this?

Regards.

@ZoM_Head This would be the lead for the "Aldmeri Golden Establishments" fragment of the Aldmeric Symphonia music box. The purple lead is scryable in the Auridon zone, if you have it available.
    This and other multi-part items behave the same way, in that if you either still have that lead active in your journal (not dug up yet), OR have ALREADY dug up that component but you are still missing ANOTHER fragment of the overall item/collectible, any further leads of the same type just "disappear". It's most easily noticeable for the blue lead for the same item, from jewelry boxes.
    So, check in your journal, leads tab, under Auridon (or Grahtwood or Summerset), and check if you are still missing the third fragment of the Aldmeri Symphonia? This is usually the difficult lead to find - it's a gold lead found rarely in any merchant safebox. (It can drop on the first one found, or require you to open 300+ to find).

Note that once you have found (dug up) all three fragments for the music box, you will get the item in your inventory. You can then actually get and scry the component leads all over again - there is no limit on how many music boxes (or mythic items) you can get this way.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 14, 2020 4:02PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoM_Head wrote: »

Regards.

@ZoM_Head This would be the lead for the "Aldmeri Golden Establishments" fragment of the Aldmeric Symphonia music box. The purple lead is scryable in the Auridon zone, if you have it available.
    This and other multi-part items behave the same way, in that if you either still have that lead active in your journal (not dug up yet), OR have ALREADY dug up that component but you are still missing ANOTHER fragment of the overall item/collectible, any further leads of the same type just "disappear". It's most easily noticeable for the blue lead for the same item, from jewelry boxes.
    So, check in your journal, leads tab, under Auridon (or Grahtwood or Summerset), and check if you are still missing the third fragment of the Aldmeri Symphonia? This is usually the difficult lead to find - it's a gold lead found rarely in any merchant safebox. (It can drop on the first one found, or require you to open 300+ to find).

Note that once you have found (dug up) all three fragments for the music box, you will get the item in your inventory. You can then actually get and scry the component leads all over again - there is no limit on how many music boxes (or mythic items) you can get this way.

You maybe correct, maybe it was a lead that i already had dug up, hence why it disappeared.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was intentional.

Basically it was most likely for something such as the 3-item Aldermi Symphonia “In Dreams and Memories” music box.

If you find a lead more than once, even if you’ve already scryed+excavated a piece from the first lead, it will vanish instead of giving you another chance to acquire that piece. This is because you need to complete the entire music box before you can acquire leads again, even though those leads are still dropping.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have opened over 700 safeboxes and still cannot get the last piece. I have read were other players have found it in 20-40 safeboxes. Come ESO, why make it so difficult? Maybe the players were pulling peoples leg or maybe not but over 700 safeboxes.