The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG's are completely ruined

Aedrion
Aedrion
✭✭✭✭✭
Well done ZoS

The latest balance patch that turned PvP into a 'who can explode the other guy first' contest paired with no teamplay in BG's has completely destroyed this game mode.
If I want to escape the eternal lag and zergs of Cyro, doing BG's is somehow ever worse.

It feels like CoD, where if you don't spot your opponent immediately, you're dead. And it also lags and desycs so I might aswell stay in Cyro and die to jab-spam and X-frags desyncs there.

We should have known that asking for an end to the tanky meta would have landed us here, in Call of Forking Duty.

• stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Try get up in the mmr and it is still the tank meta
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the point of death matches to explode othe,s now if you are trying to explode others way to much in land grabs or relics you are doing it wrong, chaos ball explode others but you need something tanky holding the ball.

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, the higher you go, the more tanky, cross healing, aoe ball groups you will see.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This, the higher you go, the more tanky, cross healing, aoe ball groups you will see.

Yeah high MMR matches are often a stare down between teams where no one wants to commit, since they would just get 3rd partied straight away.
    That being said the healing nerf is definetly felt even there when you run for example a full Stam comp with no cross healing.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad people are catching up, I wish I had more to say on the topic, but I'm afraid I said everything I had to say in my previous posts, which was met by some people as "it's MMR" or "adapt". MMR people assume right away that you are bad, while not considering that maybe, just maybe, you don't enjoy this crap. As for adapt argument, well, it's not life, I or others who don't enjoy this don't have to adapt to anything, I for one changed the game. I'm here only because I'm hoping that things will change, because I did enjoy the game, and this patch totally obliterated everything I enjoyed about it, there are quests of course, which are really awesome in this game, but I play for PvP, if I don't enjoy that, well, you know the rest.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    I'm glad people are catching up, I wish I had more to say on the topic, but I'm afraid I said everything I had to say in my previous posts, which was met by some people as "it's MMR" or "adapt". MMR people assume right away that you are bad, while not considering that maybe, just maybe, you don't enjoy this crap. As for adapt argument, well, it's not life, I or others who don't enjoy this don't have to adapt to anything, I for one changed the game. I'm here only because I'm hoping that things will change, because I did enjoy the game, and this patch totally obliterated everything I enjoyed about it, there are quests of course, which are really awesome in this game, but I play for PvP, if I don't enjoy that, well, you know the rest.

Adapt doesn't necessarily mean change how you play. It also means adjust your build so you can continue to play the way you like.

TTK is lower now, but with proper adjustments, the reduction can be minimized and you can still enjoy whatever playstyle you like.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭

Adapt doesn't necessarily mean change how you play. It also means adjust your build so you can continue to play the way you like.

TTK is lower now, but with proper adjustments, the reduction can be minimized and you can still enjoy whatever playstyle you like.

I tired running defensive sets, I tried mixing and tried going full offense, nothing of that was enjoyable in a least. I prefer to play both offense and defense, I like using my defensive abilities, and not just shields and stuns. I played mag necro and some defensive abilities are totally useless, healing tether which I was a fan off heals less the health regen. I like using tactics, I'm not considering running behind the pillar or a wall as tactics, I prefer an open battle, where you use what you have and can survive and kill. Right now its all not possible, so I just stopped playing.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like using tactics, I'm not considering running behind the pillar or a wall as tactics, I prefer an open battle, where you use what you have and can survive and kill.

Yeah, if you don't want to use LOS, and still be able to do damage, this game is not for you.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    I like using tactics, I'm not considering running behind the pillar or a wall as tactics, I prefer an open battle, where you use what you have and can survive and kill.

Yeah, if you don't want to use LOS, and still be able to do damage, this game is not for you.

All fine and well, but before the patch it was possible, I dislike group battles, and prefer to find other lone wolves to engage in duels so to speak and then on to the next one, it was very fun. That is why I'm still hopeful. But you are right, it is not a game for me at the moment.