Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add-ons

Bignupie1911
Bignupie1911
✭✭
Why are there add-ons that are supported for pc but are not added as a fully integrated part of ESO for all platforms for example the lazy crafter and the one that pin points where crafting surveys are on the map? Adding these to the crown store would generate revenue and part of the proceeds for a period of time could go to the Bethesda foundation to help some more non profit organizations. Could be added as a base part of game as well but this is business so I for one would understand it having a cost and those that don't want could simply not purchase.

I also notice there are (or were) two placeholder slots in the assistants area on the store I wonder if there are other planned assistants....
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's something players have been asking since the game was released. Very occasionally something which is done through addons is added to the base game. The two I remember are subtitles and buff/debuff tracking on screen. But it seems to be very rare, even when an addon is extremely popular.

I don't know why they don't do it more often (especially since they've already got a system where players can turn off many UI elements, so anyone who doesn't want it could simply turn it off), but it doesn't seem to be something Zenimax are keen on doing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uuh great idea. Lets make microtransactions that enable in-game UI functions. Awesome /sarcasm
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    example the lazy crafter

Yeah, ZOs will implement automatism addons which lower their profit as users play less time using these addons, for sure.
    I wouldn't ask for too much, else they might lock down such addons prior to supporting them...

But AdvancedFilters should be in the vanilla UI since years e.g. as this is just how normal inventory management would look like @ZOs
    Edited by Baertram on July 13, 2020 4:46PM