The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The size of this patch is approximately 79MB. - Proceeds to download a 20gb patch....

XDarkSilverZeroX
XDarkSilverZeroX
Soul Shriven
Fixed an issue where textures could shift their position within packfiles, potentially causing the download size of a patch to be larger than necessary.

Oh the irony...
Edited by XDarkSilverZeroX on July 13, 2020 12:05PM
  • RobZha
    RobZha
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to say something sarcastic, then thought nah I'll leave it, then went to start the game up to see that I was also downloading 20+gb.

Well at least Lyris no longer randomly admonishes us for crimes so we should takes things into perspective I suppose. I wonder if she also fights pvp lag and crashes near keep sieges?

13+gb left. I'll hope pvp isn't too laggy when it's over so I can play a bit before things get too bad later on.

edit : actually it might not be downloading 20gb, it's just going through 20gb to apply it? Still sucks if so but better than a bad patch day that turns out to be hours longer than usual.
    Edited by RobZha on July 13, 2020 12:21PM
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It downloaded 50+ mb for me, then unpacked about 22 gb under "applying patch"....
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    It downloaded 50+ mb for me, then unpacked about 22 gb under "applying patch"....

Same, and then it got stuck and gave me the "unable to load patch manifest" line.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Same, and then it got stuck and gave me the "unable to load patch manifest" line.

Ouch. Sorry! You know, I've never once had that happen....

Options
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, I love this game, and have left and returned multiple times..but each time I leave it's for longer. Last time it was for about 3 years. The reason I keep leaving is due to the bugs and the constant updates that seem to fix nothing. Like this is getting to be annoying again.
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Apologies, everyone. The irony is not lost on us here, and we should've done a better job communicating the consequence of that bug fix. This should be the only time it results in a big download, but we'll let you know if that ends up not being the case.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laughs in console....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies, everyone. The irony is not lost on us here, and we should've done a better job communicating the consequence of that bug fix. This should be the only time it results in a big download, but we'll let you know if that ends up not being the case.

Mondays, eh?
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This Wednesday how big will the patch update be on PS4? 20 GB+ on PC should end up being 60 GB+ on PS4, right?
    Options
  • Kaunas
    Kaunas
    ✭✭✭
    Idk man im used to download 80gb patches on a certain... other game that has daily* 200mb ones.. this was a sneeze compared to that. Come on lads : (
    Options
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL I am so glad you said something because I was on my way here to post the same exact thing. I thought perhaps someone had replaced my morning coffee with something much stronger, because those numbers were NOT balancing out lolololol
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
    Options