Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

“The Plague” stamdk greymoor duel build

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
And by duel I mean cp... which isn’t my strength. And if this build name if already in use I apologize— dahplague is literally the name of my character. And if the build is already claimed I apologize but I just put it together today and have had great success in grahtwood duels.

Nord stamdk, 5 medium 2 heavy, nirnhoned potentates bow with weapon damage enchant. Nirnhoned cyrodiils Ward battleaxe with uh... crown draining poison on it.

So... without being too specific and risking being wrong, my affliction is active on both bars. It’s bonuses are, basically, wd dmg max stam and stam recovery. The 5 piece has a small proc of bout 2k disease damage that goes off very frequently and guarantees minor defile.

Cyrodiils Ward basically is stam recovery stam recovery... yuh maybe like max health?? And on melee damage (only front barred) applies major defile.

I’m wearing bloodspawn cuz that’s what I got in medium but would love to change this to say malubeth or whatever it’s called.

On a whim I changed my mundus stone to the lady. My jewelry is all three wpn dmg and I got one infused so far.

My stats are like... I got roughly 4K weapon damage. 1850 stam recovery. Health is maybe 22k and stam, eeeh, 26. This is using dubious for drink.

I have an affliction bow and a ring of malacath I can probably have it all working with minimal effort but I haven’t done that yet.

My front bar, in no particular order: dizzy swing, poison claw, hardened armor, rally, executioner, d-leap

My back bar: cauterize, fragmented shield, vigor, poison breath, lethal injection, temporal guard.

Jockeyed my cp around to have a healthy amount in befoul and thaumaturge. Don’t feel like I sacrificed much to do it really. Took a little bit from everywhere.

First impression: defile is op af and people dunno wtf to do. The relatively low wd makes healing less than ideal but on a stamdk and with cp it seems “decent.” As far as low dmg going out the defile more than makes up for it and when I manage to sustain through their first good burst attempt they normally flounder from there. Obviously the draining poisons I’m using help me sustain my stam and mag a little bit while making their abilities cost 10% more. The true weakness of this build I think is low max mag and mag recovery. And bar space. I really really wish I could slot shuffle somehow.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build is interesting, for the sake of giving you another option if this was me, Im not sure if i'd run Affliction, I see what your're going for, but to use a full 5 piece for a 50% of Minor Defile is just 'meh'? I think thats the word Im looking for. lol

What about something like:

Ward of Cyrodiil x5 (Body)
    Deadly Strike x5 (Front Bar)
    Potentates x2 (Back Bar) (SnB)
    Balorgh x2 or Balorgh x1, Malacath x1 (Move Deadly off ring, and add it to shoulder for room for the band)

I say Deadly, but you can definitely use anything else that is going to increase your overall damage.

Now that you have a SnB you can use Heroic Slash, which applies Minor Maim, and gives you Minor Heroism. (Since you're in their face because of Ward you should have enough time to swap bars and apply the slash) Then on your front bar weapon you could run the Minor Defile poison you can make this using (Nightshade, and Spider Eggs) Now you still have your 45% defile, with 15% maim, and you're getting ult back faster for your leaps.

Plus now you not only have the 5% Damage Mitigation from Potentates, and 8% from temporal guard, you have the bonus from SnB, Block cost reduction, increase the damage you can block. This will help you when reapplying your own buffs during combat.

you can also put a Decisive trait on the SnB, at gold it gives a 20% chance to increase your ult gain by 1. Seems small, but when you are light, heavy attacking on the backbar, and using Heroic Slash you'll notice watching your ult regen that it procs pretty often.

So my bar set up, how ever you would like it would be:

Front Bar: D-Swing, Executioner, Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw, Rally - Leap, or Dawny
    Back Bar: Volatile Armor, Fragmented Shield, Echoing Vigor, Cauterize, Heroic Slash - Temporal Guard

Thats just my food for thought of course! :)
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooooh, yea, you're pretty much right about everything. I've thought about going back to shield. Thought about heroic slash. Am probably going to change Affliction but I'd like to say something about it first...

It wasn't just the minor defile I was after. It's kinda nice that it's a GUARANTEED minor defile (why do you say it's only 50% uptime? I believe it might be 100 if played correctly,) but actually I was just enjoying that plus the disease proc itself. If you read the 5-piece I don't believe it has a cooldown. And even though it says it only has a 50% chance, and it only lasts for 4 seconds, there doesn't appear to be any cooldown. So I'm quite sure it procs before the other proc has finished, depending on how often you swap bars, and more importantly each and every bow light attack might do 2k more disease damage... buffed by malacath, not that it's a big proc at all. Plus the 4 piece bonus from Affliction when I'm on my melee bar isn't bad either.

Oh, maybe I should tell you that I changed things a bit. I'm running an Affliction bow now instead of potentates and I have Affliction only active on one bar and Ward only active on one bar. I like this set-up because I can still wear a monster set.

But I have been going back and fourth in my mind about how beneficial Affliction actually is. I only wanted to explain myself so you could see where I had been coming from. Now I believe I am with you... and I am wondering if Affliction is actually better than just having BOOM 500 more weapon damage. The thing is I just kinda don't want to run something like CA because that sounds boring to me and I don't much like having to wait for things to be ready when otherwise I'd be in a burst window. 7th isn't that good and has a line of crit. I don't want to use New Moon because this is my 'back bar' not my 'front bar' aaaand... I'm just a little confused about it.

I think. What I might do. Is keep the 4 piece Affliction (or trade it for a set with a better 2, 3, 4 piece,) and run the Maelstrom 2H. That's right. Double 2H duel set-up.

Put a disease enchant on it... will still have them minor defiled some of the time.

• DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me, I read Affliction incorrectly lol yes you're correct 100% up-time is correct not 50%.

I think we are on the same wave length, just different play styles.

I am currently playing my StamDk/Werewolf.

5x Deadly (Front Bar) (Duel Wield, or 2H)
    2x Potentates (Back Bar) (SnB)
    5x NMA (Body)
    1x Balorgh
    1x Malacath

Iv been having a lot of fun with this set up.

I infused all 3 jewelry, and placed 2 Tri Recovery Glyphs, and 1 Weapon Dmg Glyph on.

You said your health was 22k is that inside, or outside Cyro? I would strive to have atleast 25k so you're not open to get bursted fast.

A lot of people seem to forget this passive, in the Heavy Armor passives, the 3rd one gives 2% Max Health, so this helps a bit. Especially if you want to run 5/2 instead of 5/1/1 <-- which this is all preference based
    Edited by DTAmoral on July 7, 2020 5:37PM
    Xbox NA - EP
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaah I enjoy these types of conversations. Where to begin... being a dot build more or less I have thought about deadly. Currently running deadly with maelstrom duel wield on a stamsorc. Only good things. And werewolf... duh. The honest answer? I don’t want to do that because other people are doing it, (you at least :p ) and I’m just not done playing with the defile theme yet. I don’t believe I would want deadly unless it was double barred... you get it.

I haven’t tried infused tri recovery glyphs yet I’ve been enjoying triune eternal vigor jewels from time to time. How much per stat when infused and gold?

I’m wearing an affliction cuirass and legs 5m 2h I think my low health is without battle spirit I think I’m a lot closer to where you recommend than I represented myself to be. Stam is higher too. I have all attribute points in stam could put 10 or 20 in health no problem. Been meaning to.

You didn’t say anything about the maelstrom 2h idea. You don’t like it? I got smaaashed by someone doing it the other day. With thaumaturge, adequate pen, and malacath, that proc is *** damage.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swear to goodness I didn’t even cuss I meant to type s t u p i d I’m so confused why that got censored
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    for the Tri glyph id have to double check but im 99% its 138 of each recovery.

And I for sure understand wanting to be different than others, Im a support main, and I feel like iv got some of the most unique support builds in the game. I dont ever give the builds out unless its a guild member who wants to copy it.

that 2H Maelstrom idea is interesting. I can see it being really annoying.

2x Maelstrom 2H (Front Bar)
    2x Masters Bow (Back Bar)
    2x Balorgh
    5x Deadly (Body)
    1x Malacath (Jewelry)
    2x Potentates (Jewelry)

Hmmm
    Edited by DTAmoral on July 7, 2020 5:27PM
    Xbox NA - EP
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol we're both stealing ideas (but not builds :) ) and imagining how it'd work on our own set-up. Funny.

My build has 0 support in it, obviously. Doesn't even function very well in cyrodiil. It'd probably be okay in CP cyrodiil but that's not my jam normally. Point being he's low on magic, low on mobility, and deceptively low on WD as well in a way. So I guess what I'm trying to say is props for being a support roll. You probably don't mean on your DK, but either way, support roles are important. Good friend of mine Big Dam Hero, he's been a yellow healer forever but lately he's gotten bored so he wants to play something in the middle-- a 'support' build. So his idea of a support build is playing a bubbling, streaking petsorc. Which is actually a good idea and I only make fun of him because he's still OP healing me with matriarch LOL. I'm not very good at support roles, frankly, because maybe I'm not very good at being tanky in pvp.

How I feel about my own build in a nutshell... for dueling only... it's surprisingly good. I lose sometimes but that doesn't bother me. Sometimes when I lose it was a bad match-up... sometimes when I lose the other guy outplayed me... but wearing this I do better than I ever have before when standing in the middle of a city and accepting all invitations from all people. That being said, now that almost for the first time I'm feeling fairly 'meta,' but acknowledging that I still lose, I notice a rock paper scissors thing going on. Which I think speaks good things about the current state of balance in CP.

It happens SO frequently that I'll lose a duel to somebody two or three times in a row and I'll be like... wow... that guy is tough. I must be doing something wrong. Then another guy will come out of nowhere, challenge THAT guy, and totally expose him. And I'm like... oh, who is this? It's Richard the EM EFFIN Lionhearted with an Xbox controller. Let me go over here and let him punk me one good time.

... dot ... dot ... dot ... AND THEN I BEAT HIM. And it blows my mind. I like it.

https://gameclips.io/OBJ noob/aacd5fca-e5bf-4e5f-b187-65554803b65a Here's a good example of the rock paper scissors thing

• DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bread and butter, and whats given me a name with my guild, and other ball groups is my SupportSorc. I wont go into details about this, but tell your friend 10x over that the SupportSorc is such a great idea. I was a healer since launch, and about a year ago I started messing around with the SupportSorc. Its so good.

For help on mobility you could use 'Race Againts Time' very good skill, I use it on my DK. Food might help the mag problem? Right now I am switching between 'Bewitched Sugar Skulls' and ' Pack leader Bone Broth'

That clips is really good. I love that WW at the start though 8k howl in the face. I was like OH okay. lol

I chased some dudes up the stairs on bleakers light attacking them for 4-5k a piece before I howled them to death lol
    Edited by DTAmoral on July 7, 2020 7:19PM
    Xbox NA - EP
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I believe my stam recovery is more than needed, especially because my build makes such good usage of stam regen DK passives, and of course has CP to help block and dodge. I'm definitely going to try Bewitched Sugar Skulls-- it's a must.

Yes thank you I don't edit my clips like some people and I don't expect anyone to watch them be like 'ooo' but I do clip things that I think are either cool or can be related to. I figured you'd enjoy the first half. I enjoyed the 2nd half a bit more LOL

That WW killed me so fast I almost wonder if I lagged I didn't really see the two howls. Also, from watching the clip, I think that other guy used block against the howls and I was trying to dodge them or just... do nothing against it. L2P on my part. (another reason why I clip things)

There's nothing I can do in human form to really compete against a WW already transformed. I'm not worried about it. The counterplay to that is, if it bothers you, set some ground rules for the duel-- both start with 0 ulti, and try to kill the sunnova gun before he can transform. Or, hopefully your Corrosive Armor is up at the same time as his WW, and then you have 12 seconds to get the job done LOL.

You got any clips? I wouldn't mind seeing a wereDK eating people.

• DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have any DK clips yet as I have made the build right before the event, and its been running the Choo Choo in Mala, Ill start taking clips once the events over, and we go back to small scaling, and group play!
    Xbox NA - EP
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    a guildy of mine was dueling with me last night on his stam dk and he uses malacath with deadly and some other set that I forget. He uses duel wield and two hander. I had him put on flurry which just melts me in combo with the duel wield bleed, poisons, and the stam dk dots on me. Those in combo melted me where his leap was the finisher.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer, I never claimed to be the best WW, and I know I missed my combo on some people, OR I just didnt do the combo cause I became brain dead.. with that being said. Here is a 5min clip of me and some randoms wiping the yellows in GH last night on my WW lol

https://gameclips.io/DTA%20Amoral/4086f66a-b6db-4b91-b2de-0e7104974d7a
    Xbox NA - EP
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also if you see us all just standing around, or doing weird abilities, performance was terribleeeeee last night
    Xbox NA - EP
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha nice clip. Ooooh you poor little AD puglings -le sigh-

Bruh no need to disclaim about how you might've missed a light attack in your rotation, LOL. I don't normally complain about visible or detrimental lag but, pretty much at all times, my light attacks (with a bow mind you-- very easy to see,) just go vvvvrooom way to the side of where I'm aiming. I mean sometimes if it's like a 20 -v- 20 fight I can just shoot my bow into the crowd trying to build ultimate and somehow miss everybody. It's hilarious.

Also the one time you ran off to the side of the door and didn't move for 10 seconds it seemed more like you were pausing to clip it (but then later decided to clip an extra 2 minutes instead because they came back through the door,) than you were in a load screen.

When this patch dropped I was thinking about making an Argonian to off-set the healing nerf... but decided not to, since I play stamDK mostly, and figure nord is still fine as well. May I ask... do you super duper recommend Argonian? Or is it more of a 'because I'm a WW' thing?
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    do you super duper recommend Argonian? Or is it more of a 'because I'm a WW' thing?

I am the most biased person on the planet when it comes to race choices.

Every one of my characters is an Argonian. Whether its one of my many supports, or one of the few DPS I play. I love the tail.
    So for your StamDK I would say its all your choice. Nord is what I hear tons of people play, and next to that is the Orc.

If you're big on min-maxing then I would probs not play an Argonian. I for sure RP as our guilds lizard, and everyone refers to me as the lizard, or guild pet. lol I feel like a lot of EP know me as 'that Argonian player' cause I picked up a scroll one time, and chat filled up with "run home lizard!" "lizard is moving up in the world!" stuff like that lol.

Fun fact I also have a Lizard Nightblade Support character thing. Very different, I apply a ton of negative effects to a single person, and cc them while my group, or small scale friends kill them, pretty annoying! Kind of a niche character cause its super single target, aside from Fear, so its hard to justify playing this over one of my other support characters.
    Xbox NA - EP
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc huh? Interesting. I used to play orcs but I've been partial to dark elves lately for dps.

I had a similar experience on my campaign. Yellow are pretty toxic with eachother in Ravenwatch and somebody had just lost the hammer so of course the zone chat is full of "noobs shouldn't pick up the hammer," so I of course said "Aww man, but isn't it the OBJ?" and that got several laughs. Of course it helps that I wasn't actually the one who lost the hammer or I doubt anybody would've laughed!

P.S. Why do 87% of people I play ESO with default to thinking OBJ must mean Odell Beckham Jr? I'm so tired of explaining that it means objective. Do these people not play any other video games?
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »

I am the most biased person on the planet when it comes to race choices.

Every one of my characters is an Argonian. Whether its one of my many supports, or one of the few DPS I play. I love the tail.
    So for your StamDK I would say its all your choice. Nord is what I hear tons of people play, and next to that is the Orc.

If you're big on min-maxing then I would probs not play an Argonian. I for sure RP as our guilds lizard, and everyone refers to me as the lizard, or guild pet. lol I feel like a lot of EP know me as 'that Argonian player' cause I picked up a scroll one time, and chat filled up with "run home lizard!" "lizard is moving up in the world!" stuff like that lol.

Fun fact I also have a Lizard Nightblade Support character thing. Very different, I apply a ton of negative effects to a single person, and cc them while my group, or small scale friends kill them, pretty annoying! Kind of a niche character cause its super single target, aside from Fear, so its hard to justify playing this over one of my other support characters.

There goes my lunch, right into the trash can

/s

Just popping in to let you know that Affliction doesn't have anything in the tooltip about a cooldown but it's 4 seconds along with the Minor Defile duration, so I find it to be a fairly underwhelming 5 pc.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WreckfulAbandon Well crap! I’m awful glad you said that. I’d been thinking for a while that another set would be better. Even though I’m a dot build I still use dizzy so... I’m thinking stuhns backbar might be the first thing to try. Any other ideas? I’m not a huge fan of clever alchemist and I’m not currently willing to give up my monster set so, defensive or offensive, it’ll need to be backbarrable.

Maybe @DTAmoral wouldn’t mind participating in a three way vote lol.

Options:
    replace affliction with stuhns boom done (added bonus can get a sword n shield crafted as well ;) )
    Replace affliction with a proc set because I’m wearing malacath
    Keep the affliction 4 piece, in which case I might try to farm mighty glacier instead or anything else with 2 4piece bonuses... and add an arena weapon to the backbar. Unfortunately the only arena weapons I have for stam are the maelstrom dw and 2h. Good options for obvious reasons but a little awkward I’d prefer a bow or a shield.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuhns wouldnt be a bad backbar set up for sure! The 1-4 isnt bad either. If you can manage to set them off balance, swap to SnB and hit them with Heroic Slash, that would be pretty nice
    Xbox NA - EP
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m kinda upset that I might have to lose the bow I really like the bow and 1hs has no dots. But I am going to try stuhns out tonight and I’ll let you know how it goes. I might get an extra 1h axe made also in case I wanna try dw and 2h.

Either way gotta make a serious change. Got my butt kicked by a necro friend of mine last night. Wasn’t playing super well... but lost repeatedly never the less. And what really broke my heart was he had a stamdk buddy that beat me 2 out of 3. So. Sad day for the build. But the plight goes on!
  • Concrete
    Concrete
    ✭✭✭
    switch nirnhoned bow for a sharpened one.