The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Draugrkin Engine Guardian Ball Lightning cheese Stamsorc

Kaysha
Kaysha
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have tipps how to fight these in NO CP?
The percentage of bloodthirst spamming hurricanes is rising rapidly and is becoming an ingame pandemic.
What has been your best strategy so far?

And yes, I hope this stays a nerf sorc thread.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    Does anyone have tipps how to fight these in NO CP?
    The percentage of bloodthirst spamming hurricanes is rising rapidly and is becoming an ingame pandemic.
    What has been your best strategy so far?

And yes, I hope this stays a nerf sorc thread.

Maybe rather a nerf Draugerkin thread?
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, Draugrkin is only the icing on the cake.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it is the main-reason why Stamsorc has a lot of dmg in noCp...

• Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

Then it´s a combined nerf thread. Even better
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    But I would appreciate tips how to best fight these cheese lovers till it get´s nerfed. Any ideas?
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

Then it´s a combined nerf thread. Even better

The only thing on Stamsorc that need a nerf is ball of lightning. Apart from that Stamsorc needs rather buffs...
    But I would appreciate tips how to best fight these cheese lovers till it get´s nerfed. Any ideas?

Dot them up and watch them run and spamm Dark Deal. Vigor gives nearly no healing and Critical Surge does not bring much during kiting.
    Most of these builds also have low resistance.

=> Keep them Dot up, wait until they go on the offensive, counter-Stun + burst them down

edit. or switch to Cp. No Stamsorcs in Cp :D
    Edited by Tolino on July 11, 2020 1:37PM
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't play no cp.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no quarrels with sorcs but I'm sick of having engine guardian being targetable. Why isn't the warden jelly fish targetable?
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so a stamina class using a weapon ability with a magicka set somehow means the stam class needs to be nerfed? hmm
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »
    so a stamina class using a weapon ability with a magicka set somehow means the stam class needs to be nerfed? hmm

When you sit on the walls while defending a keep and you watch the players of the other fraction and notice that nearly half of them are playing the same spec...yes
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you sit on the walls while defending a keep and you watch the players of the other fraction and notice that nearly half of them are playing the same spec...yes

The meta in NA and EU must be very different if draugrkin stamsorcs are half of the population of nocp Cyro.

This still indicates the problem is with the sets being used, not the class. If the class was a problem, it wouldn't be a single build being utilized.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭

The meta in NA and EU must be very different if draugrkin stamsorcs are half of the population of nocp Cyro.

This still indicates the problem is with the sets being used, not the class. If the class was a problem, it wouldn't be a single build being utilized.

whatching them from a distance makes it hard to see the used sets. but you can certainly tell the class and spec ;)
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no quarrels with sorcs but I'm sick of having engine guardian being targetable. Why isn't the warden jelly fish targetable?

man, how should they manage the magicka usage to keep ball lightning up? You NEED EG to always have some silly bubble eating the damage!1!!
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any class can use Draugrkin with Bloodthirst. What does stamsorc have in addition to hit harder? Hurricane is just another damage source for the set, like any other class can wear.

EG is good that it's targetable, you can interrupt it or if the owner runs away and it's out of your range you can charge the ball to get closer to then charge the runner. I think you can also use it for sets like Hajeem, dunno for sure
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have seen it. It is a cool build, nothing more.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have seen it. It is a cool build, nothing more.

You can always use curse-eater. A defensive magicka set to counter an offesive magicka set.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You lost to a low-tier stam class running a magicka set?

I thought the Book Burning Crowd was supposed to focus their cancel ire on....

OP stamcro with its perma-defile?

OP magDK with Elfbane/Grothdarr?

OP magcro with harmony?

OP magsorc with whatever it has?

Seriously a quick parse of recent thread titles make it seem pretty balanced to me.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

OP magcro with harmony?

Seriously a quick parse of recent thread titles make it seem pretty balanced to me.

I would guess that all the stamsorcs flooding no cp don‘t regard it as low tier...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

OP magcro with harmony?

I would guess that all the stamsorcs flooding no cp don‘t regard it as low tier...

Seems like roughly the same class mix I always see. Every class has a build with a thread demanding that it be nerfed. Ergo...balance.

fwiw, Mechanical Acuity is the half of the build that is melting people. edit...unless someone has a Malacath version. But that guts a stamsorc's heals, forcing them to use power surge for smaller heals every 3 seconds.
    Edited by katorga on July 13, 2020 3:10AM