The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you use channeled focus in pvp?

mrwizardguy
On a magicka templar healer, how do you go about using it in pvp? Do you ever place it down to withstand a fight with the 50% resistance?

I put it down before using remembrance and if i’m just healing people from behind I will place it down until I have to move again.

Edited by mrwizardguy on July 10, 2020 2:42AM
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    See the 50% resistance buff as a bonus, not a necessity. You're channeled focus should never fall off, it's a crucial buff you need to always keep up (Armor and magicka return), but you don't need to stand in it all the time.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always up. Only worry about standing in it when I know I'm not going to move which is rare. You generally always should move.
  • mrwizardguy
    technohic wrote: »
    Always up. Only worry about standing in it when I know I'm not going to move which is rare. You generally always should move.

Very true. Is the extra 50% worth placing it down again for a moment to hold a particular point? For instance in a narrow hallway, choke point, or objective?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Sure, why not. Though it still takes up a global cool down, so if you have nothing else to cast or not in a hurry to heal or cleanse, it will help.
    I put it down before using remembrance
    For this I would rather prefer casting extended ritual before rememberance

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bonus resistance is small and nothing is more important to surviving than movement.

You're best off pretending the only use for the skill is the armor buff and resource return. Cast it on cooldown and make your decisions where to go completely independent of where you happen to have cast the ability.