The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Old Orsinium pressure plates

Ashnarug
Ashnarug
✭✭✭
I have completed "Flames of Forge and Fallen" a while back killing only two of the bosses. Now I am returning to complete the run but the pressure plates puzzle is not available to advance solo in the dungeon ... I have to join a group doing the quest in order to continue ...

Is there a way to solve the pressure plates puzzles once the quest is completed ?

I also forgot to pick up the Hammer of Glass relic ... :/
Edited by Ashnarug on July 11, 2020 1:43PM
During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your quest log and make sure you’ve lit all the braziers, @Ashnarug.

The quest won’t advance to the pressure plates without lighting all the braziers.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 11, 2020 3:33PM
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    That is the problem

I completed the quest already. So how do I reactivate the braziers ?
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe post a screenshot of the door and completed quest in your log??

The door should be open for you after that part of the quest is complete.

Remember that quest completion is not account-wide ... you have to do it on each character going through the dungeon.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 11, 2020 4:10PM
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible that the plates were not accessible to me was because I was "grouped" and other members of the group had not done all the steps necessary to do the puzzle ? If I had gone there solo the door would have been openable ?

I had done the quest at level 22 and it is listed as a completed quest in "Quest Journal".
    Edited by Ashnarug on July 11, 2020 5:00PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve always done it solo.

I think you could test your theory by dropping group, leaving the instance into another part of the dungeon, and coming back.