The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Set stats

lamar720
lamar720
Is there a reason why some set stats don't increase when going from purple to gold?
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    To answer your question, we need some more informations.
    Which sets and stats? Some bonuses are stable, despite value level. For example, Fiord's Legacy "(5 items) Reduces the cost and increases the Movement Speed bonus of Sprint by 15%."
    Enchantment maybe? Long ago afair improving item caused improving enchantment too. Since some time this doesn't work and after improving I'm receiving gold items with previous purple enchant, need to improve that with new one, with Kuta
  • WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you're refering to jewellery then the increase only happens when all 3 pieces are golded?

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the more utilitarian a bonus is, the more so it is fixed as you improve an item. Stats and Damage Increases typically scale up with improvement. Bonuses that say make you more sneaky stay the same.

Take away, you can use your off stat for most Utility Skills and not give up the amount.

And you can always queue an item for improvement to see both before and after values.
    Edited by Nestor on July 10, 2020 6:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you're refering to jewellery then the increase only happens when all 3 pieces are golded?

In this case, it is an average of all the items in the set that is the actual value applied to the character. Rounding can hide some of this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"