The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gold Master Writ Rate Dropped?

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
I know ultimately this is RNG related, but has anyone else noticed the decrease in gold master writs coming from the daily crafting writs? A few guildies of mine have noticed the same thing so thought I'd check with the masses. Additionally for reference, I have all styles learned, all recipes, and all traits/materials/glyphs learned.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a lull in how many I got (only 1-2) for a couple days a few days back, but the last few days it seems to be back to "normal" where I get 3-5 gold master writs across my 36 characters a day.

I just chalked it up to RNG
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get way less than I use to, but I haven’t kept up with the endless waves of motifs. My assumption is that since I have a lower % of the motifs in game, I therefore have a lower chance at master writs than I once did.

My theory seems to be supported by alchemy and enchanting being my most common master writs to receive.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I get way less than I use to, but I haven’t kept up with the endless waves of motifs. My assumption is that since I have a lower % of the motifs in game, I therefore have a lower chance at master writs than I once did.

My theory seems to be supported by alchemy and enchanting being my most common master writs to receive.

I could see that making sense typically... as new styles are coming out, I therefore have less chance of getting master writs because my overall "completion" percentage is declining. However, I still have all of the new ones recently released so not sure if that particular scenario would apply too much to me.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could see that making sense typically... as new styles are coming out, I therefore have less chance of getting master writs because my overall "completion" percentage is declining. However, I still have all of the new ones recently released so not sure if that particular scenario would apply too much to me.

Agree, @Texecutioner187, I think you're saying the rate of master writs you're getting hasn't changed. Just the rate of gold master writs within the total master writs received.

That is just RNG being a cruel mistress at the moment ... hopefully it turns around for you soon.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

Agree, @Texecutioner187, I think you're saying the rate of master writs you're getting hasn't changed. Just the rate of gold master writs within the total master writs received.

That is just RNG being a cruel mistress at the moment ... hopefully it turns around for you soon.

I haven't gotten a master writ, purple OR gold in months.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the last two years since I started writ-ing I've gotten maybe 3 golds. Most of my characters are max level in 2-3 crafts, and i share motifs around so they all have "some" but only a few are anywhere close to maxed or most-ed.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis