The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Full Stamina PvE but starting to like PvP, need advices

devildarklink
Hello there, so after some years I came back to ESO but now I am playing on xbox with my fellow friend,

I would appreciate some advices on where to go from the point I am at the moment.

Started a nightblade full stamina, now I am at lvl 31, and the main focus was doing pve, but after doing some battlegrounds I started really enjoying the PvP and the joy of getting someone killed by me :P (however the problem is that I can't kill many ahah)

I started my skills build using this guide:
https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-beginner-guide/

So I have one skill of assassination, one of shadow, one of siphoning, one of dual wield and one of bow on each bar. So all the skill lines lvl up.

My point is that the skills on that guide seem to don't help me that much on PvP, what can I do now? which skills should I aim for in PvP? I want to be able to kill more targets, when I am inside the battle I quickly die :(

Another point, is there any feature that enables me to have a pre-set of skills chosen, one set of skills for pvp and another for pve so I can quickly change them?

Thanks a lot for your help, just looking for some guidance, to better play on PvP and what to do at this point, maybe there is a balance skill set between pvp and pve and I don't know.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblade on PVP is a very steep learning curve. Skills and gear are important, but less so than knowledge of the terrain, your limitations, your targets' likely response and defenses, and how to use all three to your advantage. Add in that they have nerfed a lot of the stamblade's skills in PVP and you are in for a long, hard road until you can be competent in killing more than zerglings.

If I were you, I'd watch some YouTube videos on how current players are using the stamblade. Nothing before the beginning of this year as those will be very misleading. Its a lot of trial and error. A lot.

One other thought, might want to build an alternate character like a sorc or templar to use in PVP to see how other characters operate, and also how to defend against a stamblade or a magblade. Its eye-opening as it shows you what you have been doing wrong as a stamblade.

Finally, take advantage of the sub-50 Cyrodiil campaign. Its not there for long as you level pretty quickly. And be prepared to die a lot.

Good luck and have fun.
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    Welcome to Nightblade Nation.

So some notes.

1. Keep on working up your NB. They don’t come into full lethality until they really,level,those,skills,,because there is some powerful skills deep in their trees. You’re on the right track with the Alcast build and working up all the skill lines...you want access to the full class lines.

2. Yes to DW and bow...then also work up 2h. You might want a 2h in PvP. Pro tip: remember, you can work up a weapon line and a specific weapon skill without that weapon equipped (but then the skill will be useless). So when grinding or working for some significant xp, Throw a 2h skill into a wasted slot,on your bar. Also...don’t stress too much...when you’re a lvl 50 it’s easy to use enlightenment to level,skills very,fast.

3. Addl skills to work up. PvP is about max power, so there are a few skills you’ll want to probably make,sure you unlock. Camo hunter in fighters helps boost crit a lot. Channeled acceleration in psijic. Forward momentum/rally. Maybe flawless,daw breaker. I use the psijic ulti on my back bar for some defense.

4. You sound like you don’t have a lot,of PvP experience. In that case, maybe start with a bow gank build...Alcast’s is good. You will be killing from a distance...this build can help,you learn how to put out more damage, when to run, and you can learn how far you can push your stealth. The adjustments I use to his build are bringing more power to the front bar. I use camo hunter, piercing mark, poison inject, ballista, focus aim. Then one free slot for whatever you prefer. Back,bar heal, stealth, channel acceleration, forward momentum, fear traps. It’s a fun build.

5. There are no presets, and it’s a pain. At one point I built a second NB to play,PvP, then decided I liked my main and just change clothes when a flip...annoying.

6. Playing as a sub-50, you can still benefit a group. I’ll follow a group around and use fear trap in the back to help prevent them from getting attacked from behind. I find playing rear scout to be really fun, so maybe try that.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I have one skill of assassination, one of shadow, one of siphoning, one of dual wield and one of bow on each bar. So all the skill lines lvl up.

My point is that the skills on that guide seem to don't help me that much on PvP, what can I do now? which skills should I aim for in PvP? I want to be able to kill more targets, when I am inside the battle I quickly die :(

Another point, is there any feature that enables me to have a pre-set of skills chosen, one set of skills for pvp and another for pve so I can quickly change them?

NB is more suited for quick burst-y fights from invisibility, rather than sustained brawling, so it will be helpful to try and learn going in and out of the battle quick--having cloak levelled will help with this (though as stamina you won't be able to spam it). If you find yourself in the middle of a fight with lots of opponents, you can also use aspect of terror, to fear them and cause them to flee, this will be help your BG teammates as well. Make use of the skill surprise attack, it hits hard and when you attack someone from the rear it also stuns them and sets them off balance. Another skill that kits hard is relentless focus, but you need to build it up before you can fire it. However, it's one of your strongest skills, so levelling it fast is worth it. For an ultimate, you can use incapacitating strike (or soul tether, if you want to passively level the siphoning skill line). Since you are on dual weild, you can slot hidden blade, because it has a nice range, and for bow, snipe or poison arrow, so you can attack people from a safe distance as well. Finally, ambush is a great skill to close the distance between you and another player for that aforementioned moment that you want to jump into the fray. Along with dual weild though, make sure to level a two-handed weapon, the last skill in that skill line (momentum) is very useful for PvP, and also the assault skill line for vigour, since you will need it for healing, and caltrops, which are nice for both PvE and PvP.

As for presets, since you're on console, there's not much you can do (save for levelling an exclusive PvE NB), but if you eventually know and remember you bars, it will be easy to swap skills around. I'd say keep surprise attack, relentless focus, and poison arrow, and add steel tornado, endless hail, and killer's blade, when you swap to PvE.
  • devildarklink
    Okay guys I think I got the information I needed, a lot of study now with the different skills combinations you provided me.

Thanks everyone!
  • devildarklink
    After some review, it seems like I either go with a skill set for pvp or a skill set for pve, isn't there a guide for a balanced pvp and pve at the same time? I think that anything that is balanced will never be powerful correct? I either have to choose to go pvp or pve , this is very sad . Is it possible to have enough skill points to have both the skills of pve and skills for pvp? Thanks.

Sorry for the double post, but didn't found the option to edit.