The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to deal with Magsorc and MagDk?!

Zodi53
Zodi53
✭✭✭
I’m a returning player and I just spent the last 2 weeks of mid year mayhem in the under 50 campaign on my Stamplar, really trying to get good at PvP. I’m quite happy with the damage I can put out and i’m often top in battlegrounds, though I really lack survivability even though I’m wearing 5 piece heavy and running 3 heals.

Here’s the thing. I rarely ever struggle to kill someone 1 on 1 unless it’s a MagDk or Magsorc. When it’s a MagDk or Magsorc I die 95% of the time. I often see people say that skill is everything in ESO but every time I die to one of these 2 classes it’s not even close and no matter what I do I don’t have a chance.

Let’s start with MagDk, the lesser of the two evils. I have seen Magdks run into a keep in Cyrodiil, tank every mob in the keep and still manage to take down 3 players before dying. How to take down a class that can tank and outheal most damage?

Now the real evil, Magsorc. Wow this class is beyond OP! It was the same way when I quit the game 2 years ago so I’m shocked they still haven’t been nerfed. I have bumped into multiple Magsorcs in Cyrodiil who can 3-5 shot me.... from 30m away! This alone is really hard to fight against, however Magsorcs also have survivability on par with Magdks. It’s crazy that a Magsorc can tank and outheal all your damage then turn around and 3 shot you. Even more crazy when they can kill you from 30m away before you even know what’s hitting you.

I really want to know how to deal with these two classes before I lose motivation in the game. Am I doing something wrong or are these classes just broken OP?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos for you coming and asking for help. I main a MDK. What kills me is when i am lockeddown (hard CC) and combo'd. I LOOOOVE to be close to a player because i can keep dotting them up and get heals by my embers. Im also at 30k resists with >4k spelldamage so i have to be either taken a reduction to my armor via poisons or eledrain for a player to lower my resists. If i run out of stam im dead.

are you using stam drain poisons or armor reducing poison? Are u snareing your target forcing them to panic and roll dodge then hit them with a Hard CC and ult them? I do not play stam so i cant help u with the stamplar but i can give u a perspective of a MDK. I love to stay in close to my target, i have to watch my stam pool like a HAWK. so resources and burst are a limiting factor for mdks as well as range. if a target is out of reach i have to spend resources on healing and mitigating. If i break a CC i need to be very careful not to roll dodge for a hot minute.

Also do you use immovable pots?
    do you have minimum 25k health?
    are u cleansing in some way?
    Do u uuse anything to lower damage of the player attacking u?
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on July 8, 2020 6:58PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh and msorcs....stay on top of them pressure pressure pressure
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be a hard counter to magdk, they are forced to fight in your house after all. Fight in your rune, purge when you get 4-5 dots on you, always have PotL them and out pressure them with jabs and ult. Magsorc you need to be get in their face. If you allow them range they will win. Purge curse, roll dodge/block frags, use javelin to gap close and time it when their shields are down. Magsorcs dont like pressure so you have to keep on them and out aggress them. Also when you see them dark deal javelin then or bash it so they use their stam. No stam after a stun? they should be dead.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorcs. Kill pet when shield is down. Cc sorc, finish combo.
    Always be ready for streak, whoever said immovable pot was spot on. When you go for a kill most sorcs will either twilight heal, shield, or streak. If pet is dead, no heal. If they're in execute range, spam over that shield. In 1v1 that's a fight you're supposed to win if you have any damage. If they streak and you are immune, gg.

Magdk on templar: good advice. Don't panic and purge right away, wait till they're trying to bank on all of it ticking.
    You're both mainly melee but your ranged cc is strong. Fight fire with fire. In, out and constantly circle strafe to off the timing of their rotation, including petrify. They don't have an execute so abuse tf out of that and you will frustrate them.

Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc thread detected
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a bit more magicka and use toppling charge against magsorc the moment after they streak and keeping potl uptime 24/7.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunno what to say about sorc. They are really, really weak or you run into a good one that is a complete terror. Then you run into a sorc running Thrassian...

Sorc, nerfed mercilessly over the years, was meh last patch, then they bugged rally, hammered healing and defense sets for everyone. Nothing changed...but the burst is more effective because everyone else is less effective. Last patch my build would barely have enough damage to be viable. At least that is what I think.

You are seeing more players with the masters's staff now too. That is a beefy boost for a class running old school sets like alfiq/btb.