The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DragonKnight Wings

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
are Trash! You still take way too much damage from projectiles! And if nightblades can get their original Incap back. Why can't we get our original wings back?
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omegalol

S.
  • Achronokey
    Achronokey
    ✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    are Trash! You still take way too much damage from projectiles! And if nightblades can get their original Incap back. Why can't we get our original wings back?

im sory, 50% mitigation is not enought for ya? 50% + ur armor giving same 50% on a cap its 100%!!!! u geting 0 dmg from projectiles.
    Edited by Achronokey on July 9, 2020 3:26AM
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achronokey wrote: »

im sory, 50% mitigation is not enought for ya? 50% + ur armor giving same 50% on a cap its 100%!!!! u geting 0 dmg from projectiles.

Lol man please those wings are straight garbage 50% isn't doing much at all i rather have it deflect back like it used to. Nobody asked for the change besides NB crying because they could NOT get close to a DK yet Nb managed to get their incap stun back?
    Edited by regime211 on July 9, 2020 5:50AM
  • Throxx
    Throxx
    ✭✭✭
    I could have sworn we had a pvp section of forums.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a compromise? We leave the damage morph as it is, but the other one additionaly reflects all snipes.

Edit: try to work on your moveability, get a gapcloser or increase your speed with forward momentum. Use block of sight.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on July 9, 2020 4:45AM
  • Achronokey
    Achronokey
    ✭✭

Lol man please those wings are straight garbage 50% isn't doing much at all i rather have it deflect like it used to. Nobody asked for the change besides NB crying because they could NOT get close to a DK yet Nb managed to get their incap stun back?

So u want to make this skill back OP af only because u used to it? As long as we there i would like to have whirlwind in 2h line, also some actual good passives instead of what we have now. What else.. Oh yeah make fossilize to hit in aoe like talons. Why do i have to click every other man? Why venomous claws hits only 1 target when breath deals aoe? Lets make it aoe too!
    Btw why 2 dual swords gives u more WD then 2H sword? If u gonna be realistic make 2H reach further atleast.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not how it works....
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be completely in love with the wing morph that is a snare removal immunity but plz for the love of god can I get a 10% increase to movement speed for a couple seconds since we are asking for a buff lol. Otherwise RaT is the clear winner.

The damage version isn’t so bad if it was on longer.

But I know snipers get mad af when they hit a DK with wings on only to see half what they usually do lol
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol man please those wings are straight garbage 50% isn't doing much at all i rather have it deflect like it used to. Nobody asked for the change besides NB crying because they could NOT get close to a DK yet Nb managed to get their incap stun back?

So u want to make this skill back OP af only because u used to it? As long as we there i would like to have whirlwind in 2h line, also some actual good passives instead of what we have now. What else.. Oh yeah make fossilize to hit in aoe like talons. Why do i have to click every other man? Why venomous claws hits only 1 target when breath deals aoe? Lets make it aoe too!
    Btw why 2 dual swords gives u more WD then 2H sword? If u gonna be realistic make 2H reach further atleast.

No not because I Only used to use it. Why should nightblades get their incap stun back? Yet drahonknights continue to suffer?
  • Achronokey
    Achronokey
    ✭✭
    Artorias24 wrote: »

Wut? 50+50=100. Where im wrong
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what you're saying is completely nonsenss whirlwind in 2h? You're acting as if wings was never a "Class" base skill for dragonknights. I'm not even going to give your comment anymore attention after how you started off.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    How about a compromise? We leave the damage morph as it is, but the other one additionaly reflects all snipes.

Edit: try to work on your moveability, get a gapcloser or increase your speed with forward momentum. Use block of sight.

I'm on a mag dk so I don't use forward momentum.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throxx wrote: »
    I could have sworn we had a pvp section of forums.

I could have sworn you didn't have to comment if you weren't providing anything useful to the conversation.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

I'm on a mag dk so I don't use forward momentum.

Sorry meant Race against time.
  • Achronokey
    Achronokey
    ✭✭

what you're saying is completely nonsenss whirlwind in 2h? You're acting as if wings was never a "Class" base skill for dragonknights. I'm not even going to give your comment anymore attention after how you started off.

Maybe because wings are strong skill even now? It was nerfed coz it was too op.
    Im saying "nonsenss" because i want u to see yourself in a mirror. U want some skill to become better to ur benefit. I want 360 degree aoe in 2h.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, as a pvper that player both melees and ranged builds equally, i always found unfair that a skill could simply revert all your ranged damage on you simply by spending a few magika.
    Removing that effect was mandatory.
    It still has a reason to exist though, but only though this specific set:

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Nikulas'+Heavy+Armor+Set

which, in my opinion, could use a buff
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To make it simple:

10 000 damage from Frag - 50% Wings Mitigation = 5 000 - 50% from Resistance = 2 500 Damage you take.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make wings a copy of ball of lightning. Afterall an ability providing mobility, snare removal+immunity and infinite projectiles absorbed for a few seconds seems to be completely fine :trollface:
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Achronokey
    Achronokey
    ✭✭

To make it simple:

10 000 damage from Frag - 50% Wings Mitigation = 5 000 - 50% from Resistance = 2 500 Damage you take.

Oh. Thanks for explanation man. But wat about minor/major protection? will that reduce dmg from 10 000 or 2 500? When does crit resist works?
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    Having the wings make most every range attack useless was one of,the stupidest periods of any ability in the game, IMO. It,was dumb and it wasn’t fun.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine having 50% more damage reduction against half the game's abilities and still you complain. If you die to a player while negating half their damage on top of your mitigations, you need to rethink.

Wings need a decent duration nerf if anything.
    I still like this old idea of making them stronger, but have them lose their effect once the target comes in melee range. That would be fair.

Though I admit, Wings are almost non-toxic compared to shimmering shield and ball of lightning.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To make it simple:

Oh. Thanks for explanation man. But wat about minor/major protection? will that reduce dmg from 10 000 or 2 500? When does crit resist works?

I dont really know when wich mitigation effect is calculated. This needs to be answered by someone who deeply figured out how Damage Mitigation Math works.

Just made this simple example to understand the basics of how damage mitigation works in ESO.
  • Scarkii
    Scarkii
    ✭✭✭
    sorcs and warden get super strong skills that literally eat projectiles and DK are just stuck with 50% damage mitigation on wings, its great for PvE but pvp its just worthless
    "Even the slightest amount of courage can change the tides of War"
    Former DK main
    Characters - Templar - Sharaji EP/ DK - S'avira EP
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the wings make most every range attack useless was one of,the stupidest periods of any ability in the game, IMO. It,was dumb and it wasn’t fun.

Most or every?! Well neither is true anyways.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on July 9, 2020 8:32AM
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scarkii wrote: »
    sorcs and warden get super strong skills that literally eat projectiles and DK are just stuck with 50% damage mitigation on wings, its great for PvE but pvp its just worthless

Dont forget cloak being able to make projectiles miss on demand (aka 100% damage reduction, no negative effects), if it would work as intended for once that is.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Imagine having 50% more damage reduction against half the game's abilities and still you complain. If you die to a player while negating half their damage on top of your mitigations, you need to rethink.

Wings need a decent duration nerf if anything.
    I still like this old idea of making them stronger, but have them lose their effect once the target comes in melee range. That would be fair.

Though I admit, Wings are almost non-toxic compared to shimmering shield and ball of lightning.

Since when are 50% of all aviable skills projectiles? Lol thats not even the case on a mag sorc :D
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i am not having ago but my main is a dk and i play in non cp, i am maxed out in resistance and with the amount of pew pewers in pvp you can be quickly over whelmed, granted a one on one fight it is great but as of now pvp it is never one on one it norm is 5-50 on one, your wings only last 6 secs, it only needs to be down for a fraction of a sec and your done, it should be inline with cloak but then again cloak is bugged, you often find they just cloak and everything miss, i know on my nb, i can remain cloaked and attack without coming out, even if mag light is deployed it takes effect a fraction of the time and if mag light brings me out of cloak, i can re-cloak in less than a sec, mag light is to weak fyi 3 secs ingame is to short
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wings was a very hard counter to especially magblades. Yet cry’s about cloak are unanswered. Sure, they are a lot of counter to cloak the same as there where counter to wings. You just had to slot and use them, but people did not want to slot for them so after years wings was changed. Still we must slot counters for cloak. A lot of the counters don’t work very well because of the limited range of effectiveness and the speed nightblades can have while in cloak.

In a vacuum wing is fine but when compared to some other skills in does not compete. Namely shimmering shield and ball of lightning. Even cloak can give a 100% mitigation of projectiles.

Please add major expedition to wings for 4 seconds and take it off chains.

Be safe and have fun 😊
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You already have the strongest ultimate in the game, u know the iwinbutton Leap,
    aint that enough?
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings died for Shimmering Shield/Crystal Slab, because somehow that skill is A-OK, but wings weren't. They could've nerfed ONLY the feedback damage and/or tuned how many projectiles you can eat, or the skill cost to limit its use, but that's not how things are being balanced around here it seems.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points