The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do i need to see all the Glitter?

maddiniiLuna
maddiniiLuna
✭✭✭✭
Wherever i go in Tamriel i see Glitter. It's everywhere. It's from skill animations. Some of them look really nice, fancy and cool. Others don't. Regardless of that: Why do i need to see a Daedroth spitting fire? Why do i need to see 100 particles coming off the Lightning Splash, the Ritual, the rune focus, the Boneyard - there is no end to it.

Don't get me wrong: I'm all for seeing the animations. I want to see them, because they are usefully to me. I want to know when i'm getting healed. What i don't want is the impression of playing Power Puff Girls rather then Elder Scrolls Online. Half of the time i see Michael Bay on dope, when i look at my screen and i just loose focus on what is important.

Yes i can turn particles down to an extend, but that does not fix the problem unfortunately. For Lightning splash (as example) i only need to see the lightning coming down, that's it. I don't need the fancy stuff on the floor or around. Damn Grave Grasp paints the whole floor - why do i need to see this? I'm perfectly fine with a circle and a few stones in it, so that i can actually see the healing spring underneath that or whatever has a positive effect.

There has been some changes to this subject, which i am aware of, but why did it just stop? I legit can not see my own attacks in Trials. The amount of times i questioned, if rapid strikes worked or if eso was lagging and i have to re-cast. It's just insane.

Please Zenimax continue (pick up) work on this or at least allow visual effects to be altered by addons.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mentioned trials... do you have the setting "Show additional ally effects" on? Because if you have that off you pretty much just see your own skills
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is already only capable of stunted 2014 engine animations, as it is... which can’t even support an added mini-game - let alone reproduce what animations my tool tip “working as intended” gear skill procs are supposed to be reproducing on-screen.

You necessarily CAN’T see any less “fancy” stuff.

S.
  • Achronokey
    Achronokey
    ✭✭
    +1 Animations can cause a lot of problems when they take half of ur screen. There other half of a screen, however, already taken by huge amount of addons and ingame "useful" information like buffs, debuffs, resources etc.

I found some solution, i turned EVERYTHING off, then started to add interface back 1by1 to the point where i get important info but my screen does not look like spaceship control room. Im also thinking about setting graphic to minimum.
    Edited by Achronokey on July 9, 2020 2:29AM
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    You mentioned trials... do you have the setting "Show additional ally effects" on? Because if you have that off you pretty much just see your own skills

Yes i have this turned off already. I still see to much unnecessary stuff like every single monster helm set in the game.