The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sound completely disappearing - Xbox

MJallday
MJallday
✭✭✭✭✭
Really eary and weird . Not sure what triggeers it but all sound suddenly seems to go

It comes back after a relog or a zone change

Seems to happen when you are on Xbox party

Anyone else getting this?
  • SFxxKANExx
    SFxxKANExx
    ✭✭
    Happened to me yesterday as well. This is in all zones not only the new chapter! Even had it in a trial. Being in a Xbox Party or not made no difference.
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is messed up with the game sound. I’ve had this happen in multiple zones now and not just when it’s obvious the game is under heavy load (such as a Harrowstorm and lots of players about). Logging out and logging back in (without resetting the entire game or console) does fix it, but this is a new bug that’s pretty serious.
    Options
  • gman04
    gman04
    I’ve encountered the same problem. Logging out and logging back in (without resetting the entire game or console) does fix it temporarily.
    Options
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on PS4, just encountered the problem for the first time in the north eastern quadrant of Western Skyrim.
    Options
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have also encountered this issue fairly regularly (Xbox). I assume it has only occurred since Greymoor as I don't remember it occurring previously.

Note: Unlike the OP, this issue does not seem to be related to being in an Xbox Party for me, as it occurs for me and I have not been in a party.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on June 16, 2020 12:08AM
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox na here. Not total sound but partial(most spell effects, looting, menu options etc) but absolutely nothing wrong with the music I've noticed. Logging doesn't work, the troubleshooting tips in the Xbox forums don't work. Apparently, we should make a ticket and fight through customer service...
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the party was just a coincidence it’s happened since without party
    Options
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Xbox na here. Not total sound but partial(most spell effects, looting, menu options etc) but absolutely nothing wrong with the music I've noticed.

I've had this happen too, for the record: nearly all sounds cutting out in various locations... often in the relative middle of nowhere in a base game zone with few other players about.

I'm suspecting this is a memory allocation problem of some sort, because I didn't have any of these issues yesterday as my play sessions were shorter. The longer you play the game without relogging, the more the game has trouble managing memory and eventually it runs out of it for sound. I noticed something else that was symptomatic of this with housing over the weekend too - the game told me I couldn't place any furnishings in spite of not being maxed out due to a memory issue. And my house textures haven't been loading properly either, looking like black blobs.
    Options
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be correlated with high population/activity/stuff going on - harrowstorms day 1 and 2 were 100% guaranteed to cause sound cuts. I'm not experiencing it anymore though (Xbox 1X w/SSD).

The sound cutting happened as just sound effects disappearing (this included NPC voice lines), just music disappearing, or total silence. Just music or just sound effects diappearing sometimes self-corrected. Total silence never fixed itself, and required leaving the zone to fix it.
    Edited by Blue_Radium on June 16, 2020 1:20PM
    Options
  • Nostrabar
    Nostrabar
    ✭✭✭
    I opened another thread because I missed this one, but this is definitely happening to me as well.
    Options
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sound goes out or stays out on me nearly all of the time. I literally play without sound 90% of the time. I initially thought is was just in the really busy new areas...but nope. I went to the middle of nowhere and still no sound.

Just another broken aspect of a game made by ZOS during release of a $40-$130 major chapter update. Let's have no sound, and let's DC on last boss of Kyne's Aegis (the brand new trial), and let's have fencing not work, and let's have Blood for Blood (brand new skill) not work properly on the raid test dummy. Yup, that's where your money goes.
    Options
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all sound for me that I noticed, but on PC I was commonly getting NPCs losing voice dialogue completely.
    Options
  • ElementalDud
    ElementalDud
    ✭✭
    I've been encountering this same exact problem since before Greymoor dropped, although I can't recall the first time I experienced it. The bug does seem to occur more frequently since Greymoor though.

At this point, I encounter the bug at least once per hour, regardless of what zone I am in, what activity I am doing, or what time of day it is IRL. I hove noticed when it happens that "layers" of sound will cut out until the game is completely silent (ex: sound effects will go first, then dialogue, then music, etc...). All sound will come back once I travel to a different zone, re-log, or even fast travel to a wayshrine within my current zone.

I was hoping Greymoor would fix this but it's only made the bug more frequent. It's quite irritating having to force a load screen while I'm busy doing activities just so I can play the game with sound. Hopefully ZOS sees this post and fixes soon, as I don't think it's a very common bug because I ask about it in zone chat all the time and only a few people know what I'm talking about.

Options
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I had a sound issue on PC/EU yesterday for the first and only time.

Was weird. I couldn't hear most things but I had footsteps and light attacks with my staff
    No music, heavy attacks, block, etc
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
    Options
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on xbox and still have this problem. Moderators, any word on this problem?
    Options