The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Annoying lags (PC-EU)

pink_panther
pink_panther
✭✭✭
It's just really hard to do a single rotation right because of input lag and also if I try to talk to Npcs it happens 0,5 seconds later. Is it possible to fix this or is it because of the event and the summer sale?

I stepped out of some red circles and it still kept damaging or killing me. I really don't feel like playing anymore it became especially bad in the last 2 days. Gonna play something else until it's getting better.

Can ZOS do sth about it? Or are they even doing sth already?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are doing something already for an year :D
  • VanLo83
    VanLo83
    ✭✭✭

Irony is, every time they "upgrade" something or "improve" performance it always seems to go further downhill... I do wonder what these devs understand under Improvement or Upgrade, it really doesn't seem to be the same as we'd see those as.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VanLo83 wrote: »

Irony is, every time they "upgrade" something or "improve" performance it always seems to go further downhill... I do wonder what these devs understand under Improvement or Upgrade, it really doesn't seem to be the same as we'd see those as.

Well, for this update we at least have doubled population as an excuse, but for U25... wow, that was worst "performance improvement" I ever saw.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on June 26, 2020 2:45PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For the input lag you are experiencing while playing, you can try the troubleshooting steps here and here which may improve your latency.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 7, 2020 10:47AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Murky_Dregs
    Murky_Dregs
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on.... @ZOS_BillE your game engine is BROKEN. You haven't scaled your infrastructure to handle the required bandwidth for the amount of players in your instances. The problem is NOT on the client end..
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE [Snip] the fault is not on my end. Tons of people have this problems...

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 4, 2020 1:16PM
  • Monocerotis

I'm on the NA server and the LAG problem is horrible too.

ZOS always responds with this: "For the input lag you are experiencing while playing, you can try the troubleshooting steps here and here which may improve your latency."

An attempt to take responsibility for themselves and throw it at us.
  • Monocerotis
    Mean:

@ An attempt not to take responsibility and throw it at us.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the troubleshooting we've recommended isn't helping, you are welcome to proceed to opening a ticket with customer support. Our support team can investigate further into other possible causes for the lag.
    Staff Post
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For the input lag you are experiencing while playing, you can try the troubleshooting steps here and here which may improve your latency.

second link is missing:
    Not available
    This answer is no longer available.
    this days i've passed through couple of pages like this btw
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    Where the game becomes a nameless galley...

FPS between 1 and 5 Ping +999 How to play with these performances there.

They talk about improvements but I have the impression that they go in the opposite direction..
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭
    If the troubleshooting we've recommended isn't helping, you are welcome to proceed to opening a ticket with customer support. Our support team can investigate further into other possible causes for the lag.

bla bla, you always lie this way, how you sleep in the night, men this game is critic, how bad ar this servers, i stop playing this game for 1 year now, i got fiber internet super pc, this game has the worst servers i ever seen in 16 years of gaming, and yes they don't care, the milk you guys and that's it, will come a night white batman here, they don't have people, than hire some, you like our money, give as some quality, to this people that play this game, they pay for it, i got mad when i saw this comments here, nobody cares, everybody want the damn money money, i hope some nice company buy this game, change the engine and give as nice experience!
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ghost_bg_ESO

The links in the first post have been corrected to point to the correct help articles concerning latency and input lag. If you have any issues accessing them on the help site please let us know.
    Staff Post
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have lag problems and decent internet speeds. On the odd occasion, I disconnect too. It's incredibly irritating when you have to make 11 other people wait for you because you disconnect and/or lag to death randomly in the middle of a trial.

What I'm doing/where I'm going is different, time of day is different, and on various other games, I don't get these lag spikes, just ESO.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ghost_bg_ESO

The links in the first post have been corrected to point to the correct help articles concerning latency and input lag. If you have any issues accessing them on the help site please let us know.

i've mentioned this for info. after site maintenance, i've seen similar on links even from official support pages, redirecting to missing pages, and because it wasn't something important, i didn't put much thought at the moment.
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I get it right I have a 1 year subs that won't be used since ping is just broken for many of us ?
  • scottii
    scottii
    ✭✭✭
    here's another one to add to this thread. 999+ ping for absolutely no reason. i have 25gb up and down for my internet, with a sped test of about 1 ms to the closest ISP.
    Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.