Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about skill progression

icanhazfacemelt
Just a quick question regarding skill ranking.

I know keeping a skill from a particular class/tree means on the hotbar mean that particular skill line goes up in rank every time you gain xp. Does this also apply to ultimate?

To clarify: what is the only skill from a skill line on my hotbar is an ultimate. Does that skill line still go up in rank every time I hand in a quest, etc?

Also does using a skill make that skill line progress faster? Or do they all get equal increase in rank as long as a skill from a skill line is on the hotbar?

Hope that's not too confusing. Cheers
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    for lines that exp by having skill in bar... yes ultimate also contribute to that and yes having only the ultimate in bar will cause the line to grow (personaly tested)

using a skill don't matter, what it metter is if you have the skill in bar when you recive exp (ote taht only the ACTIVE bar is considered). Also having multiple skill from skiline in bar will make the line grow faster (for those line that advance based on exp)

not all line advance by exp, for example AvA lines advance by accumulating Alliance point, Mage guild by accumulating lorebook, fighter guild by killing daedra/undead, soul magic by advancing trough the main story quest and so on... for those line no matter how many skill of the line you keep in your bar they will not improve for anything but their dedicated sources... and it also doesn't seem to metter if you have zero or a full hotbar of skill from that line when you acquire the specified resource.
  • icanhazfacemelt
    Thank coma. Very thorough writeup. Answered pretty much all the questions
  • Wicked_Wolf
    Wicked_Wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait so if you have destro staff on bar 1 and sword and shield on bar 2 (weapon swap) only the bar that is currently showing gains exp? So I turn in a quest while on bar 1 just the destro staff and whatever class skills on that bar gain xp? I always assumed all 10 skills gained something.