Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Themed appearance pack for classes' abilities

Highlor3
Highlor3
✭✭✭✭
Would be nice to have new color, effects and models to classes' abilities, all in themed packs.

E.g.: Vampire Theme for Classes would add to all classes (equipped individually on character in Collections) new color (the new red & purple used in vampire skills) to their abilities. Templar's would look like corrupted by vampiric power, Sorcerer's and Warden's pets would look like those cursebound apex mounts.

Other pack ideas: Psijic (blue & yellow, psijic crate apex-mount-like appearance to abilities' pets), Green Pact/Wild Hunt, Storm (and other elements) Atronachs, and so on.

The models and designs already exist in game, just have to apply the flavors to classes, then profit.

Please, just price it fairly, like not as expensive as assistants, not as cheap as high tier costumes (1500 crowns). I think 2000 to 3500 crowns per pack would be fair, as people would probably want to acquire more than one. Also, please, for the love of the Eight, don't make those crown crate exclusive.
[PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
The Scientia Consortium:
  • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
  • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
  • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
  • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
  • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
  • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
  • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
  • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
  • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
  • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
  • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
  • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
  • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
  • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
  • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
  • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
[PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
  • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
  • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
  • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
  • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would do that, but they likely never will. I would pay an embarrassing amount of money to have my templar have a dark theme, it's my favorite class by far, but I don't love the holy justice and purifying light thing. If some of the abilities could be a dark version I'd love it. something like the effect of the grace of gloom set.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would hope not.

It might not make any difference in PvE, and honestly, it really wouldn't there.

But in PvP? That stuff is pretty important to read for the sake of telegraphs. When fighting in Cyrodiil you really do need to know what classes your enemy runs, and be able to see exactly what spells are cast.

Let's not cause even more problems for the PvP community, shall we?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would hope not.

It might not make any difference in PvE, and honestly, it really wouldn't there.

But in PvP? That stuff is pretty important to read for the sake of telegraphs. When fighting in Cyrodiil you really do need to know what classes your enemy runs, and be able to see exactly what spells are cast.

As long as its PVE-only, this would be great.

But yes, when I was brand new to PVP, it was hard enough to tell what killed me. The color-coding on class abilities helped a lot. Throwing new appearances into the mix would make the steep learning curve that much harder.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 1, 2020 10:07PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would hope not.

As long as its PVE-only, this would be great.

But yes, when I was brand new to PVP, it was hard enough to tell what killed me. The color-coding on class abilities helped a lot. Throwing new appearances into the mix would make the steep learning curve that much harder.

Absolutely. And frankly, could it be done? I see no reason why not. After all, disguises are already subject to this, in order to disable Goblins.

That said... Would skill skins be coded the same way? I am not an expert but I imagine that if there is a difference, then one solution in one place will not work elsewhere.

I have nothing against the idea, in fact, I want it too. However, it would have to be disabled in PvP, because PvP is very reliant on telegraphs as is PvE. Unlike PvE, PvP telegraphs are impossible to predict. So visual consistency is essential there.

In PvE people can fart rainbows for all I care. It's not going to leave me wondering what on Nirn just yeeted me. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! I really want this. Both for style, and also because I'm photosensitive and all the bright blue lightning abilities my magsorc has can get hard on the eyes. If I could make the lightning a warmer color, like purple or red, it'd help a lot. It does need to be disabled in PvP, though.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨