Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Player Where to start?? Plz help

AZZBO81
AZZBO81
Soul Shriven
I'm just going through Skyrim and can't believe its taken me this long to jump in. I'm console player and once iv finished Skyrim I want to jump into eso, but it is daunting I would not know where to start... any advice be greatly Appreciated,
Side note I do own Tamriel that I brought few years ago..

Best Answers

• Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game will set you up in a tutorial area once you have created your first character, which will help explain mechanics and give you a clear set of objectives. Be sure to think about what type of toon you would like, as hybrid builds are still not overly viable. Races are better at certain roles than others, and certain classes are better for certain roles (i.e. Dragonknight = Tank, Templar = Healer etc.) although most classes can function relatively well in any of these.

As for what to do when you're in Tamriel, it depends what you'd like to do. I'd recommend following the main quest until at least level 10 (can start dungeons and PVP) or 15 (can bar swap). Personally, I just quested everywhere I could when I started.

If you're likely to join xbox EU server then drop me a PM and I'll help you get started when you do.
    Answer ✓
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do what ever is fun for you. Quest or do play against other players in battlegrounds or Cyrodill. Take out time and enjoy it because their is so much to do and experience. Put all of you points into magic or stamina only. Sword and board is for tanks and PVP area's. Stamina uses 2 hand, duel wield and bow, Magic used desto staff and resto staff.

Console are nice but PC has a load of add-ons that help hold your hand while playing and you can not transfer if you decide to later own. This is my first mmo and wish I had started on PC.

Be safe and have fun. :)
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO lets you do quests in whatever order you like. If you are interested in doing quests in their chronological order, here are two guides.

A Clear Step By Step Guide to Playing ESO in Chronological Order: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/525351/a-clear-step-by-step-guide-to-playing-eso-in-chronological-order

What Order Should I Do ESO's Story Arcs? A Guide: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would disagree a bit - if you want to play basically solo questing you want some in health, and you want a mix of self healing and damage dealing abilities. But just have fun - you can safely ignore the micro-optimizing power gamer stuff until later (or forever), and you get to make multiple characters.

ESO is lots of games in one - and you need different skills and things for different stuff.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    Remember to level up your professions as you quest! They are really important and helpful!
  • AZZBO81
    AZZBO81
    Soul Shriven
    Cheers guys, I've just brought base game and morrowwimd expansion, as was only £15 on ps store so that will get me started. Wanted to work through the dlc and expansions as I go. Skyrim got hooked and learning the lore as never played oblivion.

Again thanks to all who replied great community 👍 👏
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are guides available on how to build characters. For example: https://alcasthq.com/eso-new-player-beginner-guide/
    At the bottom of the above article there are links to beginner guides for each of the possible classes.

ESO gives you free Attribute respec scroll and free Skill respec scroll when you reach level 43. So if you want, you can follow a beginner guide like the one linked above, and then remake your character at level 43.