The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

No-cp, Magblade, and proc sets

Rakdos
Rakdos
✭✭
I am a returning magblade (afked since 2015) and I am mainly doing BG and no-cp cyrodiil due to the lag and physical distance from the server. I have tried amost all sets combinations but always end up using proc sets again. I really hope that I can use something else but without the proc set I can not produce enough pressure to my opponents and then I die miserablly. Even with the Caluurion and Zaan, sometimes the damage is still not enough. I was wondering maybe the proc sets IS the ultimate choice for the magblade, and we should not feel shame to wear it. every other class have their own best sets, and we just happen to have to stick with caluurion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t05MJyQ3qfs&t=211s

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunetly magblade has to be made in a specific way to stay competetive, there is a reason it is considered as one of two worst classes to play PvP.

Yesterday I was trying out some new ideas of builds... When you try to play stealthy assassin you will always end with caluurion which is the best way for magblade to get the fast burst. I've tried many combinations and if I get better in ganking I am suddenly terrible in duels with tougher opponents, when I'm good in duels I suck in ganking. There is no middle ground.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Lattengrabscher
    Lattengrabscher
    ✭✭✭
    my attempt to magblade in nocp: Maybe it helps you with your build
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ukjl2kqh0&t
    Proud Member of Triggered Tryhards
    DC - Totally not Latte
    DC - Der Böse Hase
    EP - ViperSeducer Metaslave
    EP - Blaubeere
    DC - Der kleine Hase
    AD - Salt Assault

Youtube channel : https://youtube.com/channel/UCSZHzf3v1V9m6-xpn_7a_bw
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by fred4 on June 25, 2020 5:17AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blob ESO seems to be having good success with 5 galerion / 2 Kjalnar as proc sets alongside Malacath Band. He's a fairly experienced magblade though so it may not speak to the strength of the set up itself.
    Edited by cheemers on June 25, 2020 10:31AM
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cheemers wrote: »
    Blob ESO seems to be having good success with 5 galerion / 2 Kjalnar as proc sets alongside Malacath Band. He's a fairly experienced magblade though so it may not speak to the strength of the set up itself.

It's really not that complicated or technical.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I had a lot of trouble keeping Kjalnar stacks on people in Battlegrounds long enough for it to proc. Roll-dodges, getting stunned, killing enemies too fast, invis Nightblades, and having multiple nearby targets can really mess it up. And I have good enough light attack weaving to get value out of the set in PvE

Like yah it only takes 5 stacks for a proc, but they disappear after 3 seconds. Might try it again if other people got it to work
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a lot of trouble keeping Kjalnar stacks on people in Battlegrounds long enough for it to proc. Roll-dodges, getting stunned, killing enemies too fast, invis Nightblades, and having multiple nearby targets can really mess it up. And I have good enough light attack weaving to get value out of the set in PvE

Like yah it only takes 5 stacks for a proc, but they disappear after 3 seconds. Might try it again if other people got it to work

Kjalnar is absolute garbage in BGs. The last time I played with it, it didn't proc once the entire match. If the proc conditions were relaxed a bit it'd be nice, but as it stands it's only good for PVE & duels.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

Kjalnar is absolute garbage in BGs. The last time I played with it, it didn't proc once the entire match. If the proc conditions were relaxed a bit it'd be nice, but as it stands it's only good for PVE & duels.

Meanwhile on the stam side, you have a set that procs every 6 seconds, and does aoe damage and stun after 1.5 seconds.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question on a different matter. How to deal with increasing amount of rollerblades? Did any of you found something that works against perma roll&cloak stamblades? Soul Assault is not an option anymore.

I am able to land 1 hit after fear but all the rest is being dodged, cloak 2 times and here we go again... It ends in a draw, they can't kill me I can't kill them. Any ways to deal with perma roll dodgers?

Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Augusten15
    Augusten15
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Just a question on a different matter. How to deal with increasing amount of rollerblades? Did any of you found something that works against perma roll&cloak stamblades? Soul Assault is not an option anymore.

I am able to land 1 hit after fear but all the rest is being dodged, cloak 2 times and here we go again... It ends in a draw, they can't kill me I can't kill them. Any ways to deal with perma roll dodgers?

Magelight or the stamina variant. AoEs seem to be equally effective.
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

I have had limited success with lotus plus sap essence - lotus can still hit and keep on them if they dodge provided you time it right (have to predict the when they will dodge and use it instead of a dodgeable skill though) and sap helps keep them out of cloak if you are on them. Although trying to fit both of them on your bar could compromise your build in other areas. Regarding magelight I find the inner light morph to be very unreliable due to the small radius (sap is bigger). Obviously detect potions are good too.

The other way is to try to trick them into tunnel visioning thinking they can kill you so they don't actually go on the defensive. This means you need to be able to survive at low health which may only be viable if its 1v1 as in a group fight you will likely get focused. Funnily enough, this is likely the same way they probably have the best chance of killing you.
    Edited by ExistingRug61 on June 29, 2020 11:48PM
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess it depend on situation.

I gave up this patch playing my sNB In bg over the fact that aoe,dot and channel or any undodgeable attack are everywhere when you reach a good MMR it just become frustating to play.

If it's in a1vs1 ironically the class that have the most problem against roll/cloak spam is the NB class it self be it magika or stamina so not much you can do,outside to time your burst and kill the enemy NB in a CC or short after it ends(maybe with the help of a detect pot).
    Edited by killingspreeb16_ESO on July 1, 2020 1:48AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lotus sap is excellent. Aoe is excellent. Detect excellent. Mark ok. Best suggestion was bait them into attack attack attack and then cloak-tether for the KO.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't have problems with 98% of rollerblades, but there is that 2% that seems to have neverending stamina to roll all the time no matter what :/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think magblades should be ashamed of using proc sets, because unless you want every fight against a decently competent opponent to be a long and sweaty affair what alternatives do you really have? Lemme tell you a story (this will probably be a long one, and devolve into a rant. You've been warned)...

My magblade is still my #1 girl, but I rolled a stamden for the new campaign and MM shenanigans. I could definitely feel the strength of the stamden (and see the stark numerical differences in UESP), but since it was all I had been playing I just grew accustomed to it. I hit hard, moved fast, healed well, recovered quick, and had some mean burst. Wasn't wearing anything crazy either, literally just stole my stamina sets from my other character. NMA, Titanborn, Balorg. 5k weapon damage, 27k health (29 with heroism), 29k stam, 1600 recovery before the netch, 80.1% mitigation on my backbar. Shalks + LA + Dizzy (or even birds) + Dawnbreaker + Execute could mow through most of my troubles. My sustain was endless, I approached enemy players of all classes without fear, and literally relished the opportunity to charge into a group and drop my combo with a 500 ultimate DB. Not even once did I sit down on UESP and bother theorycrafting alternative builds and crazy set combos, because I had no need to. Keep in mind here that I'm not that awesome of a player either. Perhaps better than the average Joe meandering through Cyrodiil, but not even close to those 'truly good' players. Still, on more than one occasion I managed to kill a few of those good players in 1v1s, players that I know are far better than me.

Then, just yesterday actually, I parked my warden and brought the magblade back out. And my lord the difference was immediately apparent. First thing I noticed was my light attacks were much weaker, even with comparable CP. My spammable (soul swallow) felt like a limp noodle. My magblade usually runs Crafty/Necro with an infused shock enchanted fire staff, and my SS tooltip is around 9ish thousand. Compare that to Dizzy which had a 13k tooltip, or even the birds at about 10.5k. Soul Harvest hit about as hard as sub assault, except of course it cant be spammed, stacked for combined burst, is telegraphed and easily dodgeable. Dawnbreaker also did comparable damage, but had the additional benefit of having a DOT and being AOE. Then the spectral bow. Even with its 20something thousand tooltip it too didn't really hit that much harder than a sub assault, and again, it can easily be dodged, it can be heard from miles away, and it punishes the user for actually using it.

The disparity in damage between the two was crazy, and it was so absurdly obvious after switching from one to the other. While I could push my damage up if I wore three damage sets, I would then break like tissue paper the minute anyone pressured me, and I still wouldn't have the raw damage output potential that I had on the warden.

So...Proc sets? Why the hell not? Magblades are seriously hurting for more consistent, well, hurting power. If the devs are going to remain intransigent to the idea of magblades having enough damage within the class to secure quick clean kills, then the only alternative is to find it from outside sources like Caluurion. Likewise proc sets shouldn't even be viewed as cheesy/carry/whatever options, in a lot of ways they're simply bandaids being used to cover up deficiencies now intrinsic to the class which haven't yet (or may not ever) be addressed.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're in a similar spot to mag necros, where you either have to rely on a finicky playstyle and abuse the harmony bomb, or you have to rely on a proc set to supplement your blastbones/spammable damage. The class really needs mystic siphon to get reworked into a single target dot or something similar.