The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Okay, Engine Guardian

Lord-Otto
Lord-Otto
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It needs a rework, badly.
It got overbuffed to all hell and it just shouldn't spawn permanently. The regeneration is okay, but it being constantly in the way and just respawning when you kill it is way too much.
It should appear for a short time, regenerate and then have a respectable cooldown.
  • Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely over performing.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could always be up like how it is , the only difference is it’s more likely to happen on more classes instead of just Templar.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could always be up like how it is , the only difference is it’s more likely to happen on more classes instead of just Templar.

Lol you mean sorc?
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it’s going to have the current uptime it definitely needs to lose the ability to be targeted.
    Edited by ItsJustHashtag on June 29, 2020 2:06PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Lol you mean sorc?

Templar had it up more, people hate for it on sorc skewed that because of targeting. I’ve probably used EG on a Templar more than most people, it procs in the middle of a proc.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Algorax
    Algorax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Immagine wasting half of your combo on that garbage...
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, it's super strong right now.

So many people are using it on Xbox EU. All classes too, not just magsorc.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Because healing and most defensive sets nerfed.. so not go many options left anymore. Like Balorgh, Malu or EG are all thats left..

..and zerglings use Earthgores in mass so can stand under Oils and zerg keeps with half of templars using Earthgores to remove siege layers.

I bet soon no monster set is usable anymore, except Earthgores in a zerg.

They just moved us from our old loved Bloodspawns to Engine Guardian and Malu.

Most times i use Balorgh though on most my characters. Damage ftw. :p

Better most times replacing monster set completely (or 1 part with a Mythic) with special weapon sets and have one of your 5p set being on helm & shoulder.. because no matter what people use, its been demanded for more nerfs. :D

I do wish though that Engine Guardian was not targettable, OR that it would be easy to kill if remains targettable and it would then not come back instantly, i wish if it was killed, it then had a longer cooldown to "recover" back or something. Would be fitting its theme.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify, I don't want it outright nerfed. Just lessen its obnoxity. Therefore regen over a shorter time, with longer cooldown. So the stupid machine isn't in the way 95% of the time.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make all pets non targetable (yes that includes sorc pets too) and temporary. If ZOS could make werewolf pets non targetable then the remaining obnoxious pets can be that too.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Make all pets non targetable (yes that includes sorc pets too) and temporary. If ZOS could make werewolf pets non targetable then the remaining obnoxious pets can be that too.

I am not sure if that's a good idea. If the Matriarch can't be targeted and killed, you're facing constant lightning damage, constant Necropotence uptime and an easy multi-target super burst heal, plus the increased hp from passives. Every sorc in Cyro would become a petsorc, because the one weakness of the pet being instakilled by multiple opponents would be gone.
    The problem with EG is that there are no consequences for it dying, being stunned or interrupted. It immediately spawns again, without resource or casting time cost for the player.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's mostly a aim/position issue most players have. (I had the same issues the first weeks of pvp)

Doing rotation, aim and positioning while keeping an eye on buffs, the terrain and other enemies, red circles and so on. A lot of stuff to keep an eye on.

Some simply don't know or are to lazy to learn how to counter meatshield users.

I for myself have big trouble against ww with my magsorc, because I encountered so few WW in the past and never played one myself. Others will laugh about that while I don't have any issues against pet users.
    But I would never call for nerfs only because I have trouble against a special playstyle to destroy someone's build cause of my lack of skill.

Review the fight, figure out why and how he killed you, what was your mistake and so on.
    Try to counter or accept that this build/player hardcounter your build/playstyle.

The constant cry for nerfs ruined already a class (nb) and a lot of sets...
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add a pet target toggle. Give people the option whether they want to attack / bash pets or not.
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortiis13 wrote: »
    I think it's mostly a aim/position issue most players have. (I had the same issues the first weeks of pvp)

It is not. Targeting in this game is legit broken. I've experienced situations in which my skills would hit a target that was behind me - completely out of my field of view - instead of what i was targeting right in front of my nose. Ofc this extreme case is somewhat rare, but if there are multiple targets close to each other (and that's given in case of EG) it is impossible to reliably focus one of them.
  • Otiz
    Otiz
    ✭✭
    Too many pets in the game
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Algorax wrote: »
    Immagine wasting half of your combo on that garbage...

Yeah and to have it respawn immediately lol. Should be like the warden jelly fish or change the uptime and keep it targetable.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    On console it seems like your character auto locks onto it when your burst is up every time for me lol. I was fighting 3 people in an enemy keep last night and two were magblades where one kept cloaking with engine guardian. Suffice to say he was spamming rats and cloak while using the engine guardian to LoS where it kept proccing every time it disappeared.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should get AP for killing that little bugger.

Greatly reduced uptime with appropriately increased resource return sounds like a fair change to me. Generally untargetable pets would be a dream.
    Edited by Bergzorn on July 1, 2020 5:20AM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't make it untargetable, or reduce its uptime. Magsorcs would miss their Guardian Tango too much. :'(
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Yep. Went all damage and EG on all classes for BGs and it is so funny.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • SeveN085
    SeveN085
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to the targeting system, there's nothing better than kiting away as stamsorc with EG trying to catch up with you, only for you to turn around and see DK's leaping on poor guy instead of you :D
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeveN085 wrote: »
    Thanks to the targeting system, there's nothing better than kiting away as stamsorc with EG trying to catch up with you, only for you to turn around and see DK's leaping on poor guy instead of you :D

Had this happen to me in a bg. And it didn’t even kill the EG. Was so pissed. Hope Zos can see this but may need to make a 100 more threads for that to happen...
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me how "Betty Netch" used to function during Morrowind beta. It was redesigned as a non-target-able pet, very quickly over community feedback and for a good reason.