Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The settings tabs for half of my addons disappeared but the addons work fine \o/

Selminus
Selminus
✭✭✭✭
Hey! When I go in to the left, under settings -> addons multiple important addons like AUI that are installed and working do not show up anymore. Maybe 1/3rd of what I have. Any ideas? Thx
  • WastedJoker
    WastedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    Might be related to an update to libaddonmenu - try uninstalling it and reinstalling?

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!
  • Moyra74
    Moyra74
    ✭✭
    I've got exactly the same problem. Not exactly sure when it started, but it's recent; days rather than weeks. Did you find out anything to solve it?
    Going the wrong way since 1974
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have AUI and two nights ago I was messing around with the settings and all the choices were there under Settings/Addons like always.

There was a recent update to AUI and some LIB files associated with it. Make sure they are all up to snuff.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went into the game, and all my Addons are showing up under Settings, so it must be a LIB or Update issue.

• Moyra74
    Moyra74
    ✭✭
    I have a strong suspicion it has something to do with me getting the Greymoor chapter recently, as that (in retrospect) seems to be when the trouble started. I've already uninstalled OneDrive (as people seemed to have problems with that) and that didn't make a difference, so that's not it.

I do not have AUI but I did get LUI just now - it works in the game but again does not show up in Settings -> Addons.

These are the add ons I have currently installed:

LUI Extended
    Lost Treasure
    Skyshards
    Lorebooks
    Scootworks HUD
    HarvestMap
    Destinations
    Advanced Filters
    Votan's Minimap
    Votan's Rune Tooltips
    Craftstore Greymoor
    Bag Space Indicator
    Guild Hall Button
    Awesome Guildstore
    Photographer
    FCM Quest Tracker
    Inventory Grid View
    Wykkyd Mailbox

Of these, the only ones that show up in Settings are:

FCM Quest Tracker
    Inventory Grid View
    Photographer
    Wykkyd Mailbox
    Scootworks HUD
    Votan's Minimap
    Votan's Rune Tooltips

(Sorry for hijacking your thread, OP! Trying to get to the bottom of this!)
    Edited by Moyra74 on July 1, 2020 7:24AM
  • Moyra74
    Moyra74
    ✭✭
    I think I have found what causes this error. It has to do with the LAM (LibAddonMenu).

Apparently, something called Libstub has become obsolete, which means add on developers need to change the way their add on calls on libraries or the menu settings don't work anymore. (I am not a developer so I may have scrambled the information a bit or not used the right wording, I do apologise for that!). Until all add ons are updated by their developers to reflect this change, the workaround seems to be to install the LibStub library yourself. It will give an in game warning about it being deprecated, but my add ons show up in the settings menu again now.

More info here: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html#comments
    And here: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8765&highlight=LibStub
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moyra74 wrote: »
    I think I have found what causes this error. It has to do with the LAM (LibAddonMenu).

Apparently, something called Libstub has become obsolete, which means add on developers need to change the way their add on calls on libraries or the menu settings don't work anymore. (I am not a developer so I may have scrambled the information a bit or not used the right wording, I do apologise for that!). Until all add ons are updated by their developers to reflect this change, the workaround seems to be to install the LibStub library yourself. It will give an in game warning about it being deprecated, but my add ons show up in the settings menu again now.

More info here: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7-LibAddonMenu.html#comments
    And here: https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8765&highlight=LibStub

You are on the right track with the LIB files. However, LibStub's only purpose is to report the version of an Addon. This is no longer needed by the game as the function has been moved to the addon itself. Long story short, LIbStub should be there, but has no impact on the functionality of the Addon. Unless you are not allowing Out of Date addons.

LAM would have an impact on addons not showing up in the Settings Menu. The recent change to relying on LIB files, think of them as databases for the Addon's, has really complicated maintaining addons since so many addons share these LIB Files. Ironic as the common lib files was supposed to make this easier. Anyway, look to your dependencies for an addon and make sure you have all the LIB files loaded. Even using Minion, these can get overlooked.

• Moyra74
    Moyra74
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, okay! It really is a bit of a conundrum isn't it! Dependencies were one of the first things I checked; all libs were there. Out of Date add ons allowed too.

Not sure if I'll ever find out what's really causing this, but I am glad my Settings are back at any rate!