The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help me understand event tickets

Daemons_Bane
Daemons_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
EARN EVENT TICKETS
During the Midyear Mayhem event, you can earn up to four Event Tickets per day by completing two different PvP activities:

Two tickets for completing any Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds daily quest
Two tickets for completing any Imperial City district daily quests

This is the text from their own site..

I have done a Cyrodill daily (bounty - Kill Black Daggers)
I have done a bunch of IC dailies

Yet I have still only 2 tickets.. Where am I doing something wrong? I opened all the boxes, mails and other rewards.. Where are the tickets supposed to come from?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild bounties don"t count, even though they are in Cyrodiil.

You need a town quest or a PVP board quest.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The first Town quest you do gives 2 tickets. I know, because that's all I do. Which sux when you are AD because every instance I check we are getting slaughtered and the towns are not accessible. Managed 4 total tickets so far.

We are truly the puds of ESO.

IMHO

:#
    Edited by barney2525 on June 30, 2020 8:55PM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scout quest of the board is probably the 'easiest', but often time consuming if you have to "loadingscreen" all the way across the map!

:warning:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would explain a lot then.. but for some odd reason, there was not a single available quest when I ported into Ravenwatch..

On another note though.. the scouting quest in IC sent me to the arena district where I were to scout a small tower.. The problem was that said tower had no stairs/ladder and no connection to other buildings.. how the Hel do you get up there then.? It was clearly possible, since I got attacked from blues standing up there, but not a single person in my group, or from multiple calls in zone chat over 20 min, could be bothered to answer me.. so much for the friendly PvP crowd
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The towns that are quest-eligible are Chorrol/Weynon Priory, Cheydinhal, Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, @Daemons_Bane.

Take a few minutes to read the ESO announcement article ... it might improve your ability to acquire tickets in the remaining part of the Event.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58421

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For IC it needs to be the quests when you go up a ladder ( blue arrow iirc )

I do Nobles so its the first person you see as you go up the ladder
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The towns that are quest-eligible are Chorrol/Weynon Priory, Cheydinhal, Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, @Daemons_Bane.

Take a few minutes to read the ESO announcement article ... it might improve your ability to acquire tickets in the remaining part of the Event.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58421

That's the site I pasted from.. It says, among other, "Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions" which for some reason were not there.. So I took the only available quest there
    For IC it needs to be the quests when you go up a ladder ( blue arrow iirc )

I do Nobles so its the first person you see as you go up the ladder

What I did was to teleport into IC and take a daily scout quest, which sent me to Arena Area.. arriving at the tower, I have no idea how to magically fly up there.. so if you can provide and photo/video, I would love it

• grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    I run 2 accounts, 1 for PVP and 1 for PVE so I get 8 tickets a day. I've found the best way is to do battlegrounds and IC dailies on both (the up the ladder ones). For the battles I prefer to use low level characters, warden DD being the easiest IMHO. For IC dailies I don't do non cp as I'm effectively working in a PVE mode against the machine. If I meet PVP oppos I don't mind dying. Ideally I do I dailies between 06:00 and 07:00 when it's kinda quiet. Climb a ladder and look to see if your faction own a sector. If they do and it's not the one you're in go back to base and back up to the owned sector, do the quest that's available as you exit the ladder. If possible do all 6 quests but only hand 1 in. If your faction don't own any sector consider leaving and try an alternative IC. The other 5 give you 5 quest free days! On low level characters the battlegrounds are also a great levelling tool.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not in game atm but if you head to the right ( when you enter the sewers base ) the bank should be on the right if you continue through you will see a brazier in the middle on on each side, ladders hanging down, you use them to get into each district ( in a safe zone until you jump down )
    Edited by JamieAubrey on June 30, 2020 10:20PM
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also do the battlegrounds dailies instead of Cyrodiil dailies.
    They are usually much less tedious, specially the get 1000 medal points one, and doesn't imply traveling long distance while avoiding zergs and gankers

So, do bgs daily and IC is the easiest way to go imo.

I even have all six dailies done on IC, but I only turn one in per day, that way I just have to log, talk to an npc, get tickets and log off
    Edited by Inval1d on June 30, 2020 10:25PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would explain a lot then.. but for some odd reason, there was not a single available quest when I ported into Ravenwatch..

On another note though.. the scouting quest in IC sent me to the arena district where I were to scout a small tower.. The problem was that said tower had no stairs/ladder and no connection to other buildings.. how the Hel do you get up there then.? It was clearly possible, since I got attacked from blues standing up there, but not a single person in my group, or from multiple calls in zone chat over 20 min, could be bothered to answer me.. so much for the friendly PvP crowd

This one confused me too, and lots of other players.

Its the spawn point for the District. You need to use the ladder from your sewer base to enter the District and that will put you in the building you need to mark. Once you jump down there's no way back up. If your alliance owns the district, I think you can die and respawn up there too. (What I can't remember is whether or not you have to own the district to do the quest. I don't think so? But its been ages since I did those quests.)

Example:https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Scouting_the_Arena_District
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 30, 2020 10:44PM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you do a job that awards tickets, you'll see the tickets listed among the rewards when you're turning in the job.

I can't post a picture right now, because I've already collected my tickets today on both PC NA and PC EU, but when you speak with the quest giver and the dialog screen shows the option to either complete the quest or exit the dialog without completing the quest, it will list whatever items, tickets, gold, and experience you'll receive upon completing the quest.

If the job is one of the ones that awards tickets, and if you haven't already gotten tickets from that type of job today, you'll see 2 tickets listed as one of the job rewards.

Otherwise, if the job isn't the type that awards tickets, or if you've already gotten tickets from that type of job today, you won't see any tickets listed among the job rewards.

There are a couple of player-written guides in the forum that you may want to read for helpful information about this event.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on June 30, 2020 10:49PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a note, the IC quests of "Scout the [District Name here] District" do not count as a quest that awards tickets. The only scouting missions that give tickets are the ones you get in Cyrodiil from the quest boards. So if you're doing those for tickets you won't get any that way.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I am on my 2nd account where I only want the tickets I first go to Imperial City. I go to the Nobles District out of habit to get the quest. That is usually where I go when the event isn't on and I want to farm tel var on my main account. It is close to home base when I go to the sewers. Anyway I go to the Nobles District and do that quest. If there are a lot of enemy players in that district I will go to I think Elven Gardens and try the quest there.
    Either way when I get one quest done I get my tickets and then I go down to the sewers and decide do I want to go back to base to get some extra tel var or just queue for Cyrodiil. If you don't care about anything but the tickets just queue for a low population campaign in Cyrodiil. My characters are all DC so I go to Chorrel and do one quest. When I am done with that quest I jump in the lava, go back to wayshrine and back to PvE land. Doesn't take long at all doing it that way.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »
    IClimb a ladder and look to see if your faction own a sector. If they do and it's not the one you're in go back to base and back up to the owned sector,

You don't need to do that. Right click on the map in sewers - including the main base - will show you the surface map.
    Edited by vgabor on July 1, 2020 1:09AM
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭

For the Cyrodiil non-town dailies you need to complete the Cyrodiil intro quest(s). They are easy, free AP and unlock the dailies. The questgiver for that should be in the same alliance base as the mission boards. It might still be that some boards are bugged afterwards. Going to a different campaign should help in that case.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Scout quest of the board is probably the 'easiest', but often time consuming if you have to "loadingscreen" all the way across the map!

:warning:

Town quest is quicker if you can port to a good town. The loading screens travelling are ridiculous right now.

I just hop into Bruma in a campaign where my alliance has overwhelming numbers. Apart from the capstone cave quest, all the quests are considerably faster than a scouting quest.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

For the Cyrodiil non-town dailies you need to complete the Cyrodiil intro quest(s). They are easy, free AP and unlock the dailies. The questgiver for that should be in the same alliance base as the mission boards. It might still be that some boards are bugged afterwards. Going to a different campaign should help in that case.

Also, in case the OP hasn’t discovered this yet —each alliance has two home bases, a north and south one, or, if AD, an east & west one. When you get ported into Cyrodiil, you randomly land at either one or the other. But only one of the has the daily alliance quests. If you land at the one with the bank, it’s the wrong one. But you can always port straight to the other one via the Cyrodiil transit system.
    Edited by DarcyMardin on July 1, 2020 7:35AM
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, most of it have been figured out.. Especially due to the wonderful people mentioning the ladder room.. Last question.. Am I wrong when I think we can only earn 4 tickets pr day, pr account??
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I found out...

DO THE IC QUEST FIRST.

Queue up for IC, go to one of the districts that your faction owns, or that is just a simple kill quest (Nobles district). Some of the quests have fixed locations that you have to activate, and sometimes other factions camp them.

It doesnt matter if you get killed, just jump off the platform and continue your kills quest.

THEN, instead of trekking back to the sewer base, queue for Cyrodil and hide in a corner. When you arrive in Cyrodil, go to the nearest quest town. If you literally cannot get to any of them, queue for another server.

Once finished, queue for IC again, which will take you to your factions base where you can turn in the IC quest you completed earlier.

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the easiest ways to get a couple of tickets without having to try to run quests in cyro and IC is to do the BG quest. I take the BG quest and if its not for the medals, i drop it and keep repeating until i get the medals quests.

Medals quest takes 15 minutes max.
    Win 3 matches takes 30 minutes min. And likely to take you hours.
    Play in 5 matches takes 50 minutes min.

Someone didnt think those quests out very well did they?
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, most of it have been figured out.. Especially due to the wonderful people mentioning the ladder room.. Last question.. Am I wrong when I think we can only earn 4 tickets pr day, pr account??

That's correct-- each account can earn only 4 tickets per day per server, so if you play on more than one server with your account (such as PC NA and PC EU) you can earn 4 tickets on each server.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct. 2 from Cyro/BG dailies and 2 from IC dailies, per day, per account.