The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can a PVE stamblade be converted into a gank build?

ImmortalCX
ImmortalCX
✭✭✭✭✭
I know I don't have any survivability with all medium divines gear.

But I'm getting tired of running away and rezzing in IC; I'd like to get in on the action. Maybe I can kill some people. Now when I attack other people, I often don't even hit them even tho it looks like I am. And when I do hit them the health bar moves very little.

This is an intermediate step before going full PVP and learning how to actually duel and fight.

If someone has high crit stamblade build, what would they need to do to convert to a gank build? Please explain this to me like I'm five.

From what I gather, it goes something like this:

*Any real PVP build has lots of impen so a crit build sucks against them.
*You get rid of your crit and trade it for weapon damage, equip Malacath's band if you have it. (I do)
*You equip an armor set with a stun or proc, or some synergy that punishes other people who are stunned or disabled.
*You kill some NPCs to build up your ult.
*You kill some more NPCs with light attacks to charge up your spectral bow.
*You use your nightblade cloak to sneak up on a "weak" target.
*You use a class stun (like Surprise Attack) to disable.
*You use a weapon or skill attack that procs another stun, to stun lock them.
*(At this point they have already lost 1/3rd of their health.)
*Then you unleash the big gun Spectral Arrow which does 10K+ damage.
*You have another couple follow up attacks or stuns if they somehow escape.
*If they rolled or break free, you know they are down on stamina, so this is a good time to pursue them with ranged attacks.
*They die.

I think if I can manage something easy like a cheap gank, it will lead into actually learning PVP, but I need somewhere to start.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Nah, this patch you get 1350 base crit resist. Add another 1K from CP and all Divines is viable, especially on a nightblade.
    If someone has high crit stamblade build, what would they need to do to convert to a gank build?
    It would help to know more than that, like you putting your current PvE build into the UESP build editor.
    True and false at the same time. You're a nightblade. Nightblades have a +10% crit damage passive. You may be a Khajiit. That's more. You typically get another +20% from CP. You're in all Divines? Use the Shadow mundus. Best mundus for all Divines NB. Next comes Race Against time or something else that gives you Minor Force. You're now beyond +100% critical damage over normal. No one can mitigate that much. They will only mitigate part of it. Look at Kristofer ESO's YouTube channel. He tends to run a crit-based stamblade.
    *You get rid of your crit and trade it for weapon damage, equip Malacath's band if you have it. (I do)
    Good grief, no. Not on nightblade. That's heavy armor DK / warden / necro stuff. Not nightblade.
    *You equip an armor set with a stun or proc, or some synergy that punishes other people who are stunned or disabled.
    Well, you can, and in no CP poison proc builds tend to be viable. Those tend to involve damage over time. You probably won't use your armor set to actually stun, though. You have skills for that.
    Sure, that helps.
    Not really. If you subsequently go out of combat, you lose the bow proc. Generally you will only build up the bow when you're engaged with player(s).
    Sure.
    You can do that, but you really have to think more about what your whole opening combo is. It may involve Surprise Attack. It more likely involves Incap at 120 ultimate. It may include a heavy attack. It may include Snipe. It may include crouching, because when you open from out of combat any attack from crouch will stun. This is why just spamming Snipe is popular. You crouch at a distance. You go Snipe -> Snipe -> Silver Shards. The first Snipe will stun. The second Snipe and Silver Shards will land simultaneously.
    Err, what? No. People get immunity for 7 seconds, provided they break free. "Stun locks" can happen, but they're typically due to lag and bugs. Your target dodge rolling at the wrong time (for them) can provoke it, but you have no control over that.
    Maybe, maybe not, hopefully more.
    Only against the squishiest of targets and it's probably not ready yet. I wouldn't necessarily even use that skill until you become more advanced at PvP.
    People who run are often new players and they're dead meat, if you just keep shooting at them. However at this point in the fight you should be concerned about the good players, who will now turn the table on you.
    *If they rolled or break free, you know they are down on stamina, so this is a good time to pursue them with ranged attacks.
    Getting anyone down on stamina is somewhat rare these days, at least in CP. If you suspect they are, you have to keep CCing them, for example with Fear. Ranged attacks can work, if someone is low on health, but then again your execute skills are melee on stamblade - unless of course you have the spectral bow ready at this point.
    I think if I can manage something easy like a cheap gank, it will lead into actually learning PVP, but I need somewhere to start.
    For cheap ganks, look no further than becoming a sniper, such as Lethal Arrow -> Lethal Arrow -> Silver Shards from crouch (with light attacks inbetween, where feasible). Typical builds probably use Titanborn + New Moon, all Divines. You're sitting at range. You drop your health with that vampire skill that also gives you weapon damage, thus activating Titanborn. You might use Ballista and possibly Balorgh. It's pretty one dimensional and you're dead meat, if you're found, because you debuffed your own health, but you can start mixing it up later. I am not an expert on this type of build, but believe Alcast has a variation of it on his web site.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • SirSocke
    SirSocke
    ✭✭✭
    I do something like that on a regular basis with my high crit PvE-Stamblade:
    1. Put on a sustain set (e.g. bone pirate)
    2. Put on a damage or pen set (e.g. New Moon, Spriggan)
    3. all armor pieces in well-fitted or impen
    4. switch Mundus to Warrior
    5. Play on no-CP to avoid regular CP-switching
    6. First bar full Damage and melee, second bar ranged and more defensive.
    7. Have fun
    Bosmer stamina nightblade!
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Nah, this patch you get 1350 base crit resist. Add another 1K from CP and all Divines is viable, especially on a nightblade.
    If someone has high crit stamblade build, what would they need to do to convert to a gank build?
    It would help to know more than that, like you putting your current PvE build into the UESP build editor.
    True and false at the same time. You're a nightblade. Nightblades have a +10% crit damage passive. You may be a Khajiit. That's more. You typically get another +20% from CP. You're in all Divines? Use the Shadow mundus. Best mundus for all Divines NB. Next comes Race Against time or something else that gives you Minor Force. You're now beyond +100% critical damage over normal. No one can mitigate that much. They will only mitigate part of it. Look at Kristofer ESO's YouTube channel. He tends to run a crit-based stamblade.
    Good grief, no. Not on nightblade. That's heavy armor DK / warden / necro stuff. Not nightblade.
    Well, you can, and in no CP poison proc builds tend to be viable. Those tend to involve damage over time. You probably won't use your armor set to actually stun, though. You have skills for that.
    Sure, that helps.
    Not really. If you subsequently go out of combat, you lose the bow proc. Generally you will only build up the bow when you're engaged with player(s).
    Sure.
    You can do that, but you really have to think more about what your whole opening combo is. It may involve Surprise Attack. It more likely involves Incap at 120 ultimate. It may include a heavy attack. It may include Snipe. It may include crouching, because when you open from out of combat any attack from crouch will stun. This is why just spamming Snipe is popular. You crouch at a distance. You go Snipe -> Snipe -> Silver Shards. The first Snipe will stun. The second Snipe and Silver Shards will land simultaneously.
    Err, what? No. People get immunity for 7 seconds, provided they break free. "Stun locks" can happen, but they're typically due to lag and bugs. Your target dodge rolling at the wrong time (for them) can provoke it, but you have no control over that.
    Maybe, maybe not, hopefully more.
    Only against the squishiest of targets and it's probably not ready yet. I wouldn't necessarily even use that skill until you become more advanced at PvP.
    People who run are often new players and they're dead meat, if you just keep shooting at them. However at this point in the fight you should be concerned about the good players, who will now turn the table on you.
    Getting anyone down on stamina is somewhat rare these days, at least in CP. If you suspect they are, you have to keep CCing them, for example with Fear. Ranged attacks can work, if someone is low on health, but then again your execute skills are melee on stamblade - unless of course you have the spectral bow ready at this point.
    For cheap ganks, look no further than becoming a sniper, such as Lethal Arrow -> Lethal Arrow -> Silver Shards from crouch (with light attacks inbetween, where feasible). Typical builds probably use Titanborn + New Moon, all Divines. You're sitting at range. You drop your health with that vampire skill that also gives you weapon damage, thus activating Titanborn. You might use Ballista and possibly Balorgh. It's pretty one dimensional and you're dead meat, if you're found, because you debuffed your own health, but you can start mixing it up later. I am not an expert on this type of build, but believe Alcast has a variation of it on his web site.

Thanks so much. You don't know how much this has helped me to understand the "process".