The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagDK build. Any suggestions?

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
This is buffed outside of Cyrodiil. So far it's been a lot of fun

edit: embed image never works for me - https://imgur.com/a/OrnxzMu
Edited by md3788 on June 28, 2020 4:09PM
vFG1 HM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't seem that strong to me.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Grothdarr, 95% of magDK I saw as of late were using it.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen some good results (against my chars: I don't play MAgDK) by some, players in heavy but using Malacath for boosting their damage
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm using:

5x elf bane (jewerly + destro / resto)
    5x overwhelming armor
    2x grothdarr

Breton, 2 spelldmg glyphs, 1 reduce cost, atronach mundus, sugarskulls food.

I call it the procodile :3

There are probably better setups but it works ^^
    EU | PC
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Elf bane + Vigor + grothdar.

Little altered from MaskedHuman build. Some diferent skills and a diferent Mundus.

Im loving it for bgs(Captain lvl) and IC. Even for normal dgs it is ok(about 15-20k on single target) due havent got enough skill points for crafting, PVP and PVE yet.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried vigor for a while, once you're geting low on health and mag you're doomed. Went back to succession with one infused regen jewelery.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Tried vigor for a while, once you're geting low on health and mag you're doomed. Went back to succession with one infused regen jewelery.

Looks far better for dps but far worse for resource management. For a bursty build it can work.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Groth/ Elf bane/ burning spell weave
    Groth/ Elf bane/ 4xNew moon/ malacath

For Malacath and any mythic items just pick a set that has good 4 piece and then use the mythic item as a "5th" piece to complete the set. Elf bane is a go to because of how many DK skills it buffs, for me I always play MagDK as full pressure on enemies..you can use a different monster set if you play a different style but imo..MagDK is a pressure type play style.
    Edited by Lamiai on June 29, 2020 11:27AM
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New moon acolyte, Burning Spellweave and zaan or skoria for PvP,

Grothdarr is no good because the enemies just move out of the pools. Elf Bane aint that good
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

Grothdarr is no good because the enemies just move out of the pools. Elf Bane aint that good

If they move out of the pools you are playing yourdk wrongly. Grothdar with elfbane means almost all of thr time is up, your dots lasts for a lot of time so you can spam fossileze+wip+talons far more.

But i think thats the great of this game, everyone have his playstyle and better set according to that are a thing.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

Grothdarr and Elf bane work very well together at times, can give a constant up time. Use talons/ petrify to trap them in the AOE, works like a charm but you have to have a pressure playstyle for it to work well and thats not everyones playstyle.
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdarr/Malubeth, Overwhelming, Malakath frontbar.
    Warlock back bar.
    Charged staff with disease glyph.
    Lady mundus and 1 protective
    All spelldamage.

Use it on my magplar but would work on Mdk as well.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on June 30, 2020 11:55PM