The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Whats the point in the Cyrodil Delve AP buff if it breaks cyro for an hour

Secilina
Secilina
✭✭
Both yesterday and today i was bored of pvp so decided to try and grab the buff. 5 mins loading into delve - 10 mins waiting for boss to spawn - 10m waiting for cyro "not to be full" - 5 min loading screen into cyro - 5 minute loading screen after moving 2 steps - 5 minute loading scren between every keep and between respawns.

like what is the point of this buff. just breaks cyrodil.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be easier to obtain back in the day when performance was better, but during the Midyear Mayhem those loading screens can be killer. If it costs more time and potential AP gain to acquire than it gives then it's not worth going after.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried yesterday and came to the same conclusion - not worth it. Didn't see another player at all in the dungeon. Fought all the way to the boss and no boss. I don't spend that much time in Cyrodiil (usually just farm some AP during MYM) and recall it as being a marginal use of time. Won't even bother trying for that buff anymore going forward.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's worth it if it's otherwise on the way to where you are going.

While I have had some long load screens, they are usually on Transitus teleporting. My loads for delves are usually no longer than 30 seconds.

This is in non-CP though where performance is generally a little bit better.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know if it's the case for you but Solid State Drives are a saving grace these days.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been a recent-ish problem with people going into delves and then getting trapped in the instance as if they were having to queue back into Cyrodiil instead of still being counted as part of the zone. If that's happening, it might be wiser to skip the buff.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the buff crosses campaigns. So you can grab it from a half-empty campaign where it is (hopefully) easier to attain, then go to your preferred campaign. Of course, if there is an hour queue into your preferred campaign, that is not much help. You can also go into a half-empty campaign and queue for your preferred campaign. Then spend your time in queue clearing out delves in the half-empty campaign. When queue finally pops, you should have a good amount of AP buff remaining for your preferred campaign.