The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Did the 6.0.8 patch change Flames of Oblivion?

BananaRammy47
BananaRammy47
Soul Shriven
Relatively new to this game so I may be completely off, but I noticed today that my Dragonknight was missing his buff(s) from the "Flames of Oblivion" ability.

Before the 6.0.8 patch he would have Major Prophecy & Major Brutality active if Flames of Oblivion was slotted (no matter if in the back or active bar).
After the patch he would only have Major Prophecy & Major Brutality active if Flames of Oblivion was slotted and the bar it was slotted in was the active one.

Anyone else notice this? Was this an intentional change? Did I just miss stuff? Is this a bug? Or is this "MMO developer being MMO developer"?
  • BananaRammy47
    BananaRammy47
    Soul Shriven
    Okay... got one of the buffs mixed up: was Major Prophecy & Major Savagery, but the point still stands ^^
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your "after" is how it's always worked.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always affected only the bar you are on.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's how the game works when it comes to abilities like that. You only get the passive buffs from slotted abilities on the active bar. That's why in certain magicka builds you see them slotting things like Inner Light on the primary damage bar to get the passives, which in the case of Inner Light is 7% more magicka and major prophecy on that bar. To stick it onto a bar that isn't doing damage is a waste of space.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK