The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game won't update through Steam

Selvator
Selvator
Every time this game has a patch, the Steam Client won't update.
This has happened the last 3 patches or so.
Every time a new patch arrives and I launch through Steam it gives an error and it wants to repair.
after repairing it says something else has gone wrong and I need to repair again and again in an endless loop.
The only thing that works for me is to delete the whole game and re download it again.
This is getting really annoying.

I contacted support and they are not helpful, they gave me the standard check your drivers and internet connection etc.
Which I did just to rule out a problem on my end.
But that didn't resolve anything, A new patch was launched today and again I cannot play and it wants to repair.
This time around I did a repair and after that launched the game manually through the game folder instead of the launcher/steam and guess what, now the game works.

So every new patch I need to "repair" the game and after that I cannot launch it through steam unless I re download the whole game.
This is ridiculous and I am looking for some kind of fix so I don't need to download the whole game again.
When I am trying to contact Bethesda support again I need to do so by sending a new ticket, since I keep "resolving" the problems by re-downloading the game.
  • haploeb14_ESO
    haploeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just saying. My wife runs ESO from steam. She didn't have a problem updating with this patch. Has never had a problem in the past either.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Selvator

What is your current ticket number with support?

We can check on the ticket to make sure it is being handled correctly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post