The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a low res and high res ESO Client?

MudcrabAttack
MudcrabAttack
✭✭✭✭
I have an ESO folder with 72 gigabytes, and some others who play on PC have a 90gig game folder. Is there any sort of difference in clients available for PC, like Hi res, low res?

The motherboard died on my main PC a while ago, so I swapped to an old laptop to play the game while new parts were on order. The game was looking like a potato, but still very playable on the old hardware.

So today I rebuilt the PC and decided to go with a clean install of everything, including windows. I copied the ESO folder from the laptop onto the new hard drive of the rebuilt PC. I launched the game, cranked everything to ultra or high, and it looks blurry, and surfaces are slightly more like a potato than they were before the PC broke down. The game runs much faster than before, more FPS, but that might be caused by the parts upgrade, or maybe I have a low res client installed?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My game is 90.4 GB. There is not a light version. ESOs packed file size will be around 70GB though before install. Have you updated your graphics drivers? One reason it will run faster is if you dont have addons. Addons really slow it down.