Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has battlegrounds been forgotten?

dhboy123
dhboy123
✭✭✭✭
Apart from the removal of group queuing I really don't think ZOS has any intention of looking at battlegrounds at all? The imbalance between classes is absurd.

There are MagSorc builds which are destroying teams of 4 people easily and racking up 30+ kills in TDM easily while other builds such seem far superior to others in almost every sense of the game and game modes.. The non CP really doesn't mean anything when there is such an imbalance between the actual classes within PvP.

Not to mention how boring the current 4 modes are, no group queuing and just a general disdain for Bg is really unappealing.

Then again ZOS have far more on their plates at the moment I think when half the game doesn't run properly.
Edited by dhboy123 on June 29, 2020 3:21AM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of those lopsided matches are probably remnants from the MMR reset they did. Not everyone does PvP on the regular, so the good/decent players who haven't played BGs in a while are getting matched with new/inexperienced players who are just getting started or haven't beaten the learning curve.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Many of those lopsided matches are probably remnants from the MMR reset they did. Not everyone does PvP on the regular, so the good/decent players who haven't played BGs in a while are getting matched with new/inexperienced players who are just getting started or haven't beaten the learning curve.

Must be a really broken system, 3rd BG I played as on domination I was paired against #1 in EU PC lol.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MagSorc just has the complete total of tools for BG's. The other are just short a few pieces so in the hands of someone who knows how to play them they are very OP.

Tool kit, damage, shield, healing escape/stun tool and resources restore with healing also and ranged execute with a 4 second window timed burst skill. I guess you can say they don’t have a spammable class skill but force pulse/crushing shock is very good and an easy to weave.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they are broken and not just magsorc. There are a few builds that are ridiculously overpowered. one in five of the battlegrounds i get in has a single person that gets more kills than the other two teams combined and sometimes all 11 other players. These players are nearly indestructible and able to tank and spank and entire team and sometimes more solo. ive seen more than 40 kills multiple times, not including assists.

ZOS is horrible at character balancing. They treat it like an aggressive game of whack-a-mole.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they are broken and not just magsorc. There are a few builds that are ridiculously overpowered. one in five of the battlegrounds i get in has a single person that gets more kills than the other two teams combined and sometimes all 11 other players. These players are nearly indestructible and able to tank and spank and entire team and sometimes more solo. ive seen more than 40 kills multiple times, not including assists.

ZOS is horrible at character balancing. They treat it like an aggressive game of whack-a-mole.

Don't think anything is gonna change with the amount they have on their plate, the whole game is crumbling beneath them.
  • XxMissAlycexX
    XxMissAlycexX
    ✭✭✭
    Im definitely someone that has forgotten about BGs. There seems to be a consistent lack of team work from strangers. Waste of time.
    XxMissAlycexX - Xbox One - NA
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    MagSorc just has the complete total of tools for BG's. The other are just short a few pieces so in the hands of someone who knows how to play them they are very OP.

Tool kit, damage, shield, healing escape/stun tool and resources restore with healing also and ranged execute with a 4 second window timed burst skill. I guess you can say they don’t have a spammable class skill but force pulse/crushing shock is very good and an easy to weave.

Beyond a certain MMR I have a lot of trouble locating these OP MagSorcs. TBH i find it the easiest class to burst down.

Or maybe you are talking about those mag sorcs who artificially increase their K/D ratios by stealing their own team's kills
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Unplayable pvp

Certainly, classes have a spell that makes their build...

To hit opponents who abuse the "eel" movement you can try to hit the opponent but some moves so much that nothing is...

the attack "executioner" which serves as the 2nd ulti...

A Chaos Ball that does 3 times the damage of an ulti

Spells that sometimes you have to press the button 15 times because you don't know why it doesn't activate and no it's not a resource problem.

In short, we understood Zenimax's plan to scare away the PVP players who were invited by Zenimax...

[snip]

[Edited to removed Bashing]

Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 10, 2020 1:50PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But everything that was wrong with BGs was due to premade groups stomping everyone left and right, remember? That's been fixed, so there are no problems anymore.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    However the MMR system works, it could definitely use some improvement. All it takes is an unfortunate team composition and then you would be forgiven for thinking you're back in the pugstomping pre-made days.

I wonder if it would better if, instead of pitting noobs against noobs and high rankedplayers against high ranked players, it would instead put 1 high rank player on each team, 2 average players, and 1 noob? That way everyone could learn from the high rank player, and it wouldn't be the strugglefest you see when it's just nothing but high-MMR turtletanks nibbling at each other the whole game.

There's a lot to be desired with the combat mechanics overall with the direction this game is headed though frankly.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried out BGs and it's still being dominated my mage's fury spamming Magsorcs. Nothing has changed apparently.
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    ...I wonder if it would better if, instead of pitting noobs against noobs and high rankedplayers against high ranked players, it would instead put 1 high rank player on each team, 2 average players, and 1 noob? That way everyone could learn from the high rank player, and it wouldn't be the strugglefest you see when it's just nothing but high-MMR turtletanks nibbling at each other the whole game.

First, love this idea.

To make this work, MMR rank need to be dynamic instead of cumulative (i.e. who plays the most). Not sure what it is now honestly.

Second, more of a rant:
    why is turtletank rewarded as a playstyle in ESO... Seems like that would be a novice's approach to the game, and more skilled players would be able to pull off the glass cannon approach... I just don't understand this game sometimes lol
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forlorn, abandoned, neglected, shunned and kicked to the curb
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    However the MMR system works, it could definitely use some improvement. All it takes is an unfortunate team composition and then you would be forgiven for thinking you're back in the pugstomping pre-made days.

I wonder if it would better if, instead of pitting noobs against noobs and high rankedplayers against high ranked players, it would instead put 1 high rank player on each team, 2 average players, and 1 noob? That way everyone could learn from the high rank player, and it wouldn't be the strugglefest you see when it's just nothing but high-MMR turtletanks nibbling at each other the whole game.

There's a lot to be desired with the combat mechanics overall with the direction this game is headed though frankly.

There are no high MMR turtle tanks, literally none, either it's not high MMR or those are people in damage builds who use block and heal
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If BG got an update, I might play them more.

I also want more variety... more maps, more modes, and more team options: like 2 player teams, no teams... a free for all death match. Maybe even 6 vs 6.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what now, individual solo queues for classes?
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]There are no high MMR turtle tanks, literally none, either it's not high MMR or those are people in damage builds who use block and heal[/quote]

This!! Also Ppl saying turtle tanks are the same ones attacking dps that are getting healed like target dummies without ever trying to lock down the healer... Then saying heals are op or just not even noticing their enemies being healed...
    Edited by buzzclops on August 24, 2020 8:42PM
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually pvp in BGs is a pile of trash. You are constantly surrounded by 3-4 people who spam 1-2 skills with powerful dots and that's it. PvP in Cyro is a lot better since it's a more open area and can fight your opponent better.

Personally I am doing BGs daily only to get the Fanged Worm Staff page and then I ll quit.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually pvp in BGs is a pile of trash. You are constantly surrounded by 3-4 people who spam 1-2 skills with powerful dots and that's it. PvP in Cyro is a lot better since it's a more open area and can fight your opponent better.

Personally I am doing BGs daily only to get the Fanged Worm Staff page and then I ll quit.

With a bit of mobility and good positioning, it's not hard to avoid being surrounded. But if you have low damage and low mobility, you'll attract enemies like flies.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With a bit of mobility and good positioning, it's not hard to avoid being surrounded. But if you have low damage and low mobility, you'll attract enemies like flies.

I kill around 15-20 enemies at every game...

Besides that, there are 8 enemies in every match. Not hard to get hit by stampede and have the Unleashed Terror dot on you or Venomous. Because that's what pvp has turned into after Stonethorn.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on September 2, 2020 1:39PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides that, there are 8 enemies in every match. Not hard to get hit by stampede and have the Unleashed Terror dot on you or Venomous. Because that's what pvp has turned into after Stonethorn.

But you'll see that in Cyro too. The lower frequency is only the result of less constant action in Cyro compared to BGs.

Besides, venomous smite and unleashed terror are not that bad to deal with.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Well theirs another game out there with an expansion thats coming out october, that says YES you can team up with your friends and family.

I guess ESO want's to be generous.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need group queing back. Two queues, one to register teams and play as a team, hell even a leaderboard.

Removing the option has lost alot of interest for many people I know. PUGs don't join Comms and thus it's basically another single player game, not the team play that it could be. Being a healer or a tanky toon on chaosball but the glass canon grabs the ball makes it pointless.

ZOS need to not listen to people. People moaned about BG needing CP and they turned in on for a trial and it ruined it. Now they have removed cohesion from a Tactical game mode. Rediculous.

That's the problem. Not sorc, sure sorc is the execute class but in team mode you could have one too. The only problem them is whining about being MVP in a team but who cares in a team game, except now it's NOT a team play.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But you'll see that in Cyro too. The lower frequency is only the result of less constant action in Cyro compared to BGs.

In Cyro I rarely die from lower skilled players, almost never except if I am out of resources. In BGs it happens often because while you re fighting someone, someone you dont see may use Critical Charge with Unleashed Terror and Venomous and kill you or snipe you. I got 600+ kills in BGs in around 1 week but I still dont enjoy it at all. After Stonethorn it has become a mess, imho. More carry sets than actual skill. Everyone is spamming 1-2 skills and uses same sets.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In Cyro I rarely die from lower skilled players, almost never except if I am out of resources. In BGs it happens often because while you re fighting someone, someone you dont see may use Critical Charge with Unleashed Terror and Venomous and kill you or snipe you. I got 600+ kills in BGs in around 1 week but I still dont enjoy it at all. After Stonethorn it has become a mess, imho. More carry sets than actual skill. Everyone is spamming 1-2 skills and uses same sets.

Unfortunately, bgs are full of people with the same zerg mindset as in cyro: Outnumber at all cost.

Id say about 90% of the ppl i run into in bgs (even in high mmr), will actively run away from a 1v1 fight regardless of what class or spec i play, and will only engage to fight when they have the numbers advantage.

Thats eso for you tough, most people dont want to have a good fight, they just want to win.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Unfortunately, bgs are full of people with the same zerg mindset as in cyro: Outnumber at all cost.

Id say about 90% of the ppl i run into in bgs (even in high mmr), will actively run away from a 1v1 fight regardless of what class or spec i play, and will only engage to fight when they have the numbers advantage.

Thats eso for you tough, most people dont want to have a good fight, they just want to win.

This.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are only looking for good 1v1 fights, then BGs are definitely not for you. But that isn't a BG design flaw. You can't fault players for trying to work with their team.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has bg beeb forgotten?

Yeah pretty much.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Lol was it EVER a focus? :D:D:D

They don't even balance basic numbers per teams... 4 v 4 v 3 in capture the relic? LOL good luck getting zerged by BOTH teams all game because they know you can't attack AND defend with only 3 players!

Entire game is falling apart piece by piece and all they do is shove more items into the crown store and spend months fixing a single bug, only to create several more in the process.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are only looking for good 1v1 fights, then BGs are definitely not for you. But that isn't a BG design flaw. You can't fault players for trying to work with their team.

Not just trying to work with the team, but probably just focusing on the objective. There are several times I will just ignore the bow shooting at me, cast Crystallized Slab (to reflect their dmg), and continue on my merry way to the chaos ball, or to our base to protect the relic, or this or that.