The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Current tier list for pvp

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I've not kept up to date with this over the last several months so can I get some feedback on opinions please
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suuure I'll start things off with what I think the general opinion is around the forums. Not necessarily my own opinions but hopefully everybody continues to add theirs...

Stamcro is still top dog I think? Stamwarden is still pretty much... I mean it's up there.

Magsorc and surprisingly Stamsorc are getting a lot of love. Stamsorc is just so mobile and Magsorc, thanks to a certain dependency on shields, kinda avoided the heal nerf the rest of us got.

Then there's a lot of stuff clumped in the middle nobody is sure about yet. Magdk is good-- but maybe very restrictive on what you have to wear and how you have to do it. Stamdk still not bad. I hear Stamplars might be struggling but Magplars prolly okay in my opinion. I've seen a lot of people enjoying Magden's lately but wouldn't say they are super strong.

So what's that even leave? Everybody I know says MagCro has it the worst. Hands down bottom. Nightblades remain viable in the right hands but, to me, that's just playing an entirely different mini-game than the rest of us. I don't think they are terribly 'strong' but they kill people sure.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think much has changed since Harrowstorm DLC, as there was little to no class balance changes. So basically you could look for tier list from Harrowstorm, like this one:
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not played any kind of necro, so no idea of thier strength and weakness like the other classes, all of which I've played. What makes them good can they just utilise gear sets better?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I've not played any kind of necro, so no idea of thier strength and weakness like the other classes, all of which I've played. What makes them good can they just utilise gear sets better?

Stacking of inherent Percentage mitigation, second vigor, delayed & ranged homing missle burst AoE with defile and the rest of the top notch passives. It's a poster child of what a class should look like, at least as stam.
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think much has changed since Harrowstorm DLC, as there was little to no class balance changes. So basically you could look for tier list from Harrowstorm, like this one:

this isnt true
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • ACGOG
    ACGOG

You have to have pretty decent gear to get anything out of the Stamcro and it doesn't really shine until later levels - much later levels. One of the issues I have with it too is that, along honestly with most Stamina classes it seems, it doesn't have a whole lot of class identity outside of its defensives. Most Stam classes (as far as I can tell) just spam DS, Executioner and Dawnbreaker. It's okay but it gets old.

Most of the classes are in a good spot right now and depends on what you want to do. Magplars are still pretty good, Stam and MagDK's are good, Sorcs are in a good spot. As the above poster mentioned MagCro's aren't super popular (though with the right gear they can 1-shot people) but I do see MagDen's running around though they're mostly healing.

People also like to complain about the state NB's are in but - again - depends on what you're looking to do. In low level PvP NB's just absolutely destroy everyone, and even at higher CP I still haven't seen another class melt another as quickly as NB's do when they get the jump on someone. BombBlades' are a thing and they honestly look fun as hell.

Guess overall what I'm trying to say is, I think I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what class would be "OP" to PvP with to try and set myself up for success but in reality it has a lot more to do with your playstyle and gear. I've got both a StamCro and StamDen but don't have the time or patience to try and min/max my Necro with Harmony gear and whatever else to spam BB/Graveyard. Since I don't really have the best gear on either one I get absolutely steamrolled everywhere I go. But I also rolled a MagSorc and crafted some low level gear sets and even at low levels was having an absolute blast in Cyro last night for hours (wonder if anyone here was in NA sub-50 last night on EP defending Roe from DC... sooooo much fun).

TL;DR - just play what you like, honestly man, and if you don't like it roll something else.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gear matters more than class
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Gear matters more than class
    I feel sad saying that i agree with you.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree that gear matters more than class.

I will throw out the StamCro is probably top dog still. a GOOD StamCro. Huge heals, dmg mitigation, has access to give minor defile. Yeah, and the entire time they do that, they are D swinging, and Executing.

Brutal class that punishes everyone. (as long as the blast bones, and D swing go off of course, rip performance)
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

everything is change... tank meta is dead.. burst high mobile is meta now. NB or stamSorc are S+ tier by far..
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭

everything is change... tank meta is dead.. burst high mobile is meta now. NB or stamSorc are S+ tier by far..

Well, my Magplar is tank + mobile and pretty aids. lol At least, that's what I get from all my hate tells saying that I have access to the most broken execute in the game and they thought ZOS was supposed to nerf block healing.

I mean, it definitely got nerfed. But you can still be hella tanky and get off pretty decent heals with champ points and radiating regen. Of course, there is that healing bug issue going around with critical heals that is super annoying, so its not like healing is working as intended lol.

Right now, at most, I can get 8k crit heals on average. It used to be 10k, if I played a balanced tank spec. Its just not worth it running less than 40% crit rate in this meta and less than 70% crit damage/heals.

Malacath band, no thanks. But some say its working for them.

Edited by soniku4ikblis on June 24, 2020 7:55PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, my Magplar is tank + mobile and pretty aids. lol At least, that's what I get from all my hate tells saying that I have access to the most broken execute in the game and they thought ZOS was supposed to nerf block healing.

I mean, it definitely got nerfed. But you can still be hella tanky and get off pretty decent heals with champ points and radiating regen. Of course, there is that healing bug issue going around with critical heals that is super annoying, so its not like healing is working as intended lol.

Right now, at most, I can get 8k crit heals on average. It used to be 10k, if I played a balanced tank spec. Its just not worth it running less than 40% crit rate in this meta and less than 70% crit damage/heals.

What you running?
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭

What you running?

Vamp Dark Elf
    5 Heavy Pariah
    2H Pirate's Skeleton
    5 Stuhn's with a Sharpened Light Staff and Power Glyph.

Basically, fully heavy atm. 4k Impen.

Backbar: Sword & Board Potentates plus Temporal Guard. Still tweaking whether missing out on the additional stats from the Undaunted passive is making a difference for me. I rather prefer the defense to hit the 33k soft cap on resistance. I think its like 36 spell/33 phys resist.

26.8 Health
    29.6 Magicka
    13.7 Stam

1400ish Mag res
    859 Health
    560 Stam

Tri-glyphs on the big pieces,Mag-glyphs on the small ones. Spell power jewelry with either Swift or Infused, depending on what I'm doing. Small group I use infused, larger groups, swift. If swift, my DPS is lower, so I mostly end up running a Potentates resto staff on the back bar to support group.

I switch mundus a lot. Usually run Atronach because I'm low on magicka resource. But if in a small group, I'll run Thief Mundus because another templar run restores.

I was running Snow Treads in place of Pirate's. It's pretty sick too. I can't figure out which one I like more, but its not as fun to kite or LOS around walls in keeps with treads on. Treads are good 1v1, 1vX, or big battles in stand up fights. They are pretty sick for that.

I think other classes are able to go more mobile than Templar and run swift jewelry without it affecting their DEEPS. But for me, its the difference between kills right now.

Templar Combo, basically, for skills. Solar Flare/LA spam into Toppling Charge>Crescent Sweep. Jesus beam exe.

I have to run Ele drain. I just totaled it and my spell damage is at 4.2K. I'm still tweaking the skills right now too. Ideally, I'd like to run my bread-and-butter: Purifying Light, Solar Flare, Jabs, JB, Sweeps. Favorite combo for lyfe.

BB: Rune Focus, BoL, E Ritual. I swap out the last two skills here with a bunch of different types, but typically run Living Dark and Race Against Time.

Having near 20k pene and 4.2K spell damage is pretty decent and I can get kills. I have the normal problems everyone else does with Magsorc/NBs.

Pots: default Spell Power/Crit. I'll switch between Immovable, Tri-restore, or Major Vitality, depending on the situation. If I'm full offense, its SP/C. Tanking, its usually a Major Vit pot to help offset Pirates.

A restore health, lingering health, major vitality pot is pretty OP for a tank deeps lol, especially when you're 50% and less health.

GL, hope this helps. Still tweaking. Hoping to get 5k+ spell damage pretty soon.

Edited by soniku4ikblis on June 24, 2020 9:15PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What you running?

Vamp Dark Elf
    5 Heavy Pariah
    2H Pirate's Skeleton
    5 Stuhn's with a Sharpened Light Staff and Power Glyph.

Basically, fully heavy atm. 4k Impen.

Backbar: Sword & Board Potentates plus Temporal Guard. Still tweaking whether missing out on the additional stats from the Undaunted passive is making a difference for me. I rather prefer the defense to hit the 33k soft cap on resistance. I think its like 36 spell/33 phys resist.

26.8 Health
    29.6 Magicka
    13.7 Stam

1400ish Mag res
    859 Health
    560 Stam

Tri-glyphs on the big pieces,Mag-glyphs on the small ones. Spell power jewelry with either Swift or Infused, depending on what I'm doing. Small group I use infused, larger groups, swift. If swift, my DPS is lower, so I mostly end up running a Potentates resto staff on the back bar to support group.

I switch mundus a lot. Usually run Atronach because I'm low on magicka resource. But if in a small group, I'll run Thief Mundus because another templar run restores.

I was running Snow Treads in place of Pirate's. It's pretty sick too. I can't figure out which one I like more, but its not as fun to kite or LOS around walls in keeps with treads on. Treads are good 1v1, 1vX, or big battles in stand up fights. They are pretty sick for that.

I think other classes are able to go more mobile than Templar and run swift jewelry without it affecting their DEEPS. But for me, its the difference between kills right now.

Templar Combo, basically, for skills. Solar Flare/LA spam into Toppling Charge>Crescent Sweep. Jesus beam exe.

I have to run Ele drain. I just totaled it and my spell damage is at 4.2K. I'm still tweaking the skills right now too. Ideally, I'd like to run my bread-and-butter: Purifying Light, Solar Flare, Jabs, JB, Sweeps. Favorite combo for lyfe.

BB: Rune Focus, BoL, E Ritual. I swap out the last two skills here with a bunch of different types, but typically run Living Dark and Race Against Time.

Having near 20k pene and 4.2K spell damage is pretty decent and I can get kills. I have the normal problems everyone else does with Magsorc/NBs.

Pots: default Spell Power/Crit. I'll switch between Immovable, Tri-restore, or Major Vitality, depending on the situation. If I'm full offense, its SP/C. Tanking, its usually a Major Vit pot to help offset Pirates.

A restore health, lingering health, major vitality pot is pretty OP for a tank deeps lol, especially when you're 50% and less health.

GL, hope this helps. Still tweaking. Hoping to get 5k+ spell damage pretty soon.

OH yeah, that does sound pretty killer. Probably broken even.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Suuure I'll start things off with what I think the general opinion is around the forums. Not necessarily my own opinions but hopefully everybody continues to add theirs...

Stamcro is still top dog I think? Stamwarden is still pretty much... I mean it's up there.

Magsorc and surprisingly Stamsorc are getting a lot of love. Stamsorc is just so mobile and Magsorc, thanks to a certain dependency on shields, kinda avoided the heal nerf the rest of us got.

Then there's a lot of stuff clumped in the middle nobody is sure about yet. Magdk is good-- but maybe very restrictive on what you have to wear and how you have to do it. Stamdk still not bad. I hear Stamplars might be struggling but Magplars prolly okay in my opinion. I've seen a lot of people enjoying Magden's lately but wouldn't say they are super strong.

So what's that even leave? Everybody I know says MagCro has it the worst. Hands down bottom. Nightblades remain viable in the right hands but, to me, that's just playing an entirely different mini-game than the rest of us. I don't think they are terribly 'strong' but they kill people sure.

This ^

Not this^

Basically the blanket nerf to healing hit classes that lean in that more than those who have other defensives.