The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spamming 1 Skill

areeb14_ESO
areeb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Executioner, Flurry, whatever. Those skills that are efar and beyond stronger than most of the others. And people over use them repeatly.

I think there should be a incremental increase to the cost of skills used repeatedly. First time normal, 2nd +10% more, 3rd +10% of the 2nd's cost, 4th +10% of the 3rd's cost.

Instead of spamming one skill, cheesing the game, make it so they have to use combinations.

I don't really mind dying when I see 1 person using 3-5 different attacks.

A Screen full of Execution? I want to garrote the bastid in their sleep.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annoying? Yes. But spammables are spammable for a reason.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason you see a death recap full of Executioner is because they used their other skills to get you into execute range and have to hit you multiple times with the execute to kill you. That is what an execute is for. Why would you use lesser damage skills or rotation when execute is going to be your strongest against a low health opponent?
  • areeb14_ESO
    areeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Garbage,
  • Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    So wait....you want to kill someone in their sleep because of an ability they use on you in a video game?

Big yikes.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you mean like punching some one to death?
    they only used punch till he died - or stabbing to death.

there is nothing wrong with using one skill repeatedly.
    and just as advertised -
    "play the way you want to"
    theres nothing wrong with using one skill repeatedly.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've long disliked 1-button spam being so effective for certain builds. A Stamina build that has managed to figure out how to spam his/her Dizzying Swing or Biting Jabs key can be incredibly dangerous, at least in group fights when you've got other things going on as well. Meanwhile, a Magicka build that's doing nothing but spamming Force Pulse can largely be ignored. Or at least, they could be before the heavy handed healing nerf.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll put it this way. When I am fighting a competent opponent, I am buffing up, and applying debuffs, stacking damage and then going into the spammable only when in place and have a window to do so.

If I spam on you, it's because you do not require any more or, I'm purposely keeping you from cloaking or escaping otherwise.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The executioner is garbage as a spamable until the target's health gets low. Keep your health up and it will keep the skill from becoming effective.