The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the Seafarer's Crowning Trim hairstyle supposed to be uncolorable?

Opalblade
Opalblade
✭✭✭
No matter what character I put it on, it's always a dark grey-ish blue color. Is it like this for anyone else? All my characters are lizards, so idk if it's like that on other races.
  • ArchonLucien
    ArchonLucien
    ✭✭✭
    Its mostly just a darker shade on my human/elf/khajiit characters, but yeah, it is grey-ish on my argonians
  • HoyaCarnosa
    HoyaCarnosa
    ✭✭
    Well on my argonian with a "normal feather colour" of a light blue / teal hair colour it switches to a brown tone that i have never seen as argonian hair colour... i like it because it matches my brown / orange skin colour, but at the same time i miss the teal colour tone (also did you noticed that the red body / face markings and the bat with the orange stripes on the wings were only in the preview crates? Most ppl complained that there was no "random mount style pet", but now it seems that we got 2 styles and 1 pet that were only aviable through preorder preview crate (until we get maybe another chance on preview crates).
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most ppl complained that there was no "random mount style pet", but now it seems that we got 2 styles and 1 pet that were only aviable through preorder preview crate (until we get maybe another chance on preview crates).
    That was me, sorry :| I must have complained about old preview pets too much
  • HoyaCarnosa
    HoyaCarnosa
    ✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    That was me, sorry :| I must have complained about old preview pets too much

Not just you...me too and some of my guildmates, i think we were all under the impression that these 3 items are in the crown crates and at the same time we all were sad that there were no "mount style pets" in the preview crate, if they would tell us "in this preview crate are items that have the look of some items from the upcoming nightfall crates with slightly differences but are not actually in the upcoming crates and just in the preview one" we would have been more happy... but since we could not tell at the time what would be in the nightfall crates we all thought: "oh yeah these items will be in the crates, they are nothing special like the preview mount pets from before", so we all were disappointed for no reason, now i fell guilty for feeling disappointed to early. :|

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok editing this. I tested it with various hair colors and I see the problem.

The base hair is too dark. All hair colors therefore are way darker with it than they should be. I had white on one character and this hair turned med gray. Light gray turned dark gray, most whites/grays in fact turned a muddy darker gray. Light pale copper turned dark brownish orange. Medium brown turned very dark brown. Gray-black turned jet black.

The base hair needs to be lightened a LOT so hair colors are correct on it. Seeing how this is in the crown store, would you please fix it ZOS?
    Edited by Wildberryjack on June 21, 2020 1:53AM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    So I messed around with character customization, and it looks like it IS colorable on Argonians, it's just that it uses skin color instead of hair color for some reason. I would be fine with that, since it allows for "hair" colors that argonians can't usually have. Unfortunately, as with other races, it also darkens colors way too much, so a lot of those colors just end up turning black or grey.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to fix this hairstyle ZOS? My Vampires with white hair would like their white hair back instead of the dirty gray this style makes it. My character with black hair would like to not look like she has a void puddle on her head. My character with read hair would like for it to be red again instead of darkish reddish brown.

This wasn't a free base style so please fix.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso