The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WTH!? What is the stamblade high DPS, single target spammable?

ImmortalCX
ImmortalCX
✭✭✭✭✭
My main has been a redguard stamblade past three years, set up for PVE. I've used it exclusively for almost everything in game, although I power leveled a couple other alts during one of the events. Gold gear, its does well in vet dungeons and dlc, strong AOE. This was optimized for damage to one of the alcast builds from a couple years ago. Glass canon. CP700+ with all CP allocated into mostly damage and sustain.

I wanted to get into pvp, so I took the magplar and farmed/crafted a Bright Throats/Shacklebreaker set. Set up per alcast Blazeplar. I HAVEN'T ALLOCATED ANY CP POINTS. Many of the passives are unfilled because need skill points.

So I'm trying to learn how to play the magplar, and I'm questing so I can get more skill points, and I had a WTF revelation. This toon burns down single targets faster with one skill than anything on my fully developed stamblade.

All I have to do is "Toppling Charge" to close distance, then spam "Puncturing Sweep" (which even gives back health.) Everything dies as fast as when I use the DOTs and melee attacks of the stamblade. If I don't use the DOTs/debuffs, and just spam a single skill, it takes much longer to kill things.

This makes stamblade feel completely broken. It has every passive, all the CP are allocated, it has med armor, gold gear, and the only way it matches the single skill magplar spamming is by using its entire rotation.

Can someone please put this in context for me? Is there a single skill DPS spammable that I'm missing on my stamblade?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Can someone please put this in context for me? Is there a single skill DPS spammable that I'm missing on my stamblade?

Dizzying swing? Bread and butter for stam chars in pvp. Takes a bit of practice to land consistently.

Also are you fighting 1v1, or were you having success with sweeps in a zerg vs zerg fight?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dizzying Swing - Two Hand skill

This skill gets so much love hate, as at times it feels like the strongest skill in the game, and at other times (prime time) its the worst skill in the game it never goes off and you look like an idiot holding the sword waiting for the game to catch up.

Your post is kind of all over the place, so theres not much information people can give you. As for the skill you asked for, D-Swing is it.

For builds, and other stuff like that you might make another post expressing exactly what other information you are looking for.

Hope I helped!
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    Dizzying Swing - Two Hand skill

This skill gets so much love hate, as at times it feels like the strongest skill in the game, and at other times (prime time) its the worst skill in the game it never goes off and you look like an idiot holding the sword waiting for the game to catch up.

Your post is kind of all over the place, so theres not much information people can give you. As for the skill you asked for, D-Swing is it.

For builds, and other stuff like that you might make another post expressing exactly what other information you are looking for.

Hope I helped!

I dont have 2H skill line.

I was referring to an actual Nightblade skill that does great single target dps.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack is the answer I think. I mean it's the textbook answer-- whether or not it's good I wouldn't totally know. Or there's that Imbued Weapon from the Psijic if you wanted to try it. Or whatever it's called from the Vampire skill line is supposed to hit rather hard though I know you may not be a vampire.

Anyway if you want an actual nightblade skill the answer is Surprise Attack. But in PVP I think you'll find most people go outside their class skill lines to try and make their characters a little better. Because most classes lack something.

Incidentally what weapon lines do you have leveled up? DW and Bow? Very good for PVE but some people might advise you go another way for PVP.
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Surprise Attack is the answer I think. I mean it's the textbook answer-- whether or not it's good I wouldn't totally know. Or there's that Imbued Weapon from the Psijic if you wanted to try it. Or whatever it's called from the Vampire skill line is supposed to hit rather hard though I know you may not be a vampire.

Anyway if you want an actual nightblade skill the answer is Surprise Attack. But in PVP I think you'll find most people go outside their class skill lines to try and make their characters a little better. Because most classes lack something.

Incidentally what weapon lines do you have leveled up? DW and Bow? Very good for PVE but some people might advise you go another way for PVP.

Yes, thats what I have.

There aren't many NB skills I use. IME SA, doesn't do any more damage than Flurry, which also returns health. It just feels like there are better versions of weapon skills for any offensive skills the NB has.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends. For the most part? You're right. But you also need to start thinking outside the realm of what works in PvE. Maybe you don't even need a spammable. Maybe you just build up light attacks from range on your bow bar, cast invis and bar swap, ambush, wind up a heavy attack into an Incap into a charged spectral bow into an execute. To be honest I think that's how most of the good ones do it, depending on how bad the cast time on Incap is. I have heard some complaining about it.

Maybe you need to use more NB skills. Everything I just mentioned is a NB skill. You don't have those? Siphoning strikes? Fear? Anyway I can't see why you'd ever take the time to Flurry anybody. If you want to be the less covert, tanky, compete face to face NB you're going to have to change your build quite a bit from what you probably have now. If you are willing to just accept certain facts and want to learn how to secure kills... then I think you'll be alright with whatever crazy high damage set-up you can think of.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    ImmortalCX wrote: »
    Is there a single skill DPS spammable that I'm missing on my stamblade?

Surprise attack is the spammable.

incap stun into relentless focus is probably the combo you want.