The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does double lightning staff do more damage for AOE trash pulls?

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
Hey all. Question is in regards to Magplar. I generally run the Meta for single target but I've been messing around with having separate gear sets for AOE trash pulls. Was wondering if lightning staves would be much better here? Would be using sweeps instead of ele weapon/force pulse.

Gear set up would be something like Groth/PFGD/MS Lightning front/Maelstrom lightning back
Edited by md3788 on June 26, 2020 1:07PM
vFG1 HM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fire back is still stronger if you have dk in group providing engulfing.
    Other than that front bar lightning, then, Wall, blazing spear, pulsar spam.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run double lightning on mine because I solo most content on my magplar. I’ve got one bar just for trash pulls with blazing spear, solar barrage, ritual of retribution, unstable wall and sweeps.

My single target bar has ele drain, vampires bane, channel focus, soul consuming trap and sweeps as well. I still cycle through my AOE bar in boss fights.

I use MS, Julianos and Iceheart. The build is basically unkillable. It made specifically for maelstrom arena and although the DPS is not optimized it holds its own running blue food and trash magicka pots. It’s cheap, effective and super easy to play.