The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Players feeding on friends in Cyrodiil

RealLoveBVB
RealLoveBVB
✭✭✭✭✭
Hallu!

Just noticed a player today, who's massively farming AP on his friends.

We had the maintenance today, where almost nobody was able to login (therefore a almost empty Cyrodiil). On the leaderboard I saw him doing one 40k tick after the other. I was roaming around myself and ported to any keep/ressource, that was flagged as attacked. First, I never saw the suspect player there, second I never reven reach close to 40k AP on small ganks (it's mostly 2-10k).

When I asked him about that, he just answered with silly comments and that he is using his bomberbuild against players on ressources (as said, Cyrodiil was empty at this moment and I was roaming around myself and never saw him). I also asked him to invite me to the group, so he can show me, how "he bombs other players", but he just refused.

I reported him, but I don't have much hope that something happens.

What is your all experience with that and how do you deal with that?
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the many reason why AP rank means nothing..
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the many reason why AP rank means nothing..

It has not meant much for years. They lowered the AP required and increased how much AP we earn long ago. Those that gained their rank in the first couple years of this game truly earned it with time spent in Cyrodiil.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Throwback to when vigor was alliance rank 10 and you had to be pvp rank like 20 something
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there are some that “boost” like that. But I don’t know what ZOS can do except PUT IN GAME MODERATORS.
  • Infectious1X
    Infectious1X
    ✭✭✭
    Does it personally affect you? No? Then why do you care? It’s not a cheat or a hack so they shouldn’t receive any sort of consequence. This person might be exploiting the system, but this is just more of an AP design problem than anything.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it personally affect you? No? Then why do you care? It’s not a cheat or a hack so they shouldn’t receive any sort of consequence. This person might be exploiting the system, but this is just more of an AP design problem than anything.

What if OP tried to became emp? It does affect him then. This should be banable as it can have negative consequences for other players.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh come on. Every player with a little piece of fairness should care about any cheater, exploiter etc to make the game balanced and attractive for everyone. So as more players report or do pressure against them, the higher the chance, that some action is taken.

I had the luck to become emp the first day. Also got a lot of whispers of players, who asked, if I plan to hold it the whole month, because they all want emp too. So yes, this boosting is affecting a whole bunch of players.

Another thing is, that when players can't become emp due to boosting, they tend to do exactly the same thing and the whole campaign is ruined then.

Just fight for fairness and don't ignore this things, even when they don't affect you.
  • Djbute
    Djbute
    Hes not really doing anything wrong so i dont really see the problem here
    Edited by Djbute on June 25, 2020 1:28PM
    PC EU - @Djbute
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djbute wrote: »

This is a very interesting comment. You was one of the players who whispered me, because you wanted to become emperor too. So that the rank 1 is blocked now by a cheater, is not a problem for you? How do you plan to become emperor yourself then?
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember a sunday afternoon during a mymh some years ago. Hundrets of reds and yelows rubberbanded at sejanus while the gate was kept open and flags were turned back and forth.
  • Djbute
    Djbute

This is a very interesting comment. You was one of the players who whispered me, because you wanted to become emperor too. So that the rank 1 is blocked now by a cheater, is not a problem for you? How do you plan to become emperor yourself then?

Yes i am going for emp but noone is doing anything wrong, so i dont see really see ur point and why u made the thread
    Edited by Djbute on June 25, 2020 1:46PM
    PC EU - @Djbute
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes i am going for emp but noone is doing anything wrong, so i dont see really see ur point and why u made the thread

Then please explain me, how you want to go for emp, when rank 1 is million points ahead? How do you want to reach that?
  • Djbute
    Djbute

Then please explain me, how you want to go for emp, when rank 1 is million points ahead? How do you want to reach that?

play more :D. Its mym afterall
    PC EU - @Djbute
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

play more :D. Its mym afterall

I really wish you good luck. But you will notice soon, why I made this thread ;)
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless he's the one doing it.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It affects every and each player on the leaderboard. It has an impact on who and who not earns gold rewards for end of campaign rewards, for example. The more boosters there are on the leaderboard, the less regular players are. This type of play is of a far wider scale than just emperorships or "the way I like to play". It affects the whole leaderboard, the whole playerbase of the affected alliance. This is way beyond "let me play how I like to play".
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭

Omg how to dislike
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there are some that “boost” like that. But I don’t know what ZOS can do except PUT IN GAME MODERATORS.

Oh! You mean the mythical "Game masters" that have been non existent on console and maybe spotted on PC 2-3 times since launch....
    Its comical. They could even get volunteers...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When ZOS won't even comment on it -- and this type of thread has brought up the issue multiple times -- you know there's really no PvP management going on at all and they are basically allowing exploiting and cheating to go rampant in open world PvP.

They should pull the plug on it and focus on Battlegrounds and Duelling (in the already in-game arena locations) instead. The smaller group sizes and controlled environments can help them catch exploiters and cheaters.
    Trying to run all over Cyrodiil across multiple campaigns with a live GM probably costs way too much money. Consider that every time they spot something suspicious, that GM would have to basically stop checking all the campaigns to start an investigation on that one case.

It might be possible if the norm for the player base is to NOT exploit and to report. But it's the opposite here in ESO and has been for a long time, in part because ZOS's continued inaction breeds and attracts more exploiters.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 26, 2020 1:11AM
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    When ZOS won't even comment on it -- and this type of thread has brought up the issue multiple times -- you know there's really no PvP management going on at all and they are basically allowing exploiting and cheating to go rampant in open world PvP.

They should pull the plug on it and focus on Battlegrounds and Duelling (in the already in-game arena locations) instead. The smaller group sizes and controlled environments can help them catch exploiters and cheaters.
    Trying to run all over Cyrodiil across multiple campaigns with a live GM probably costs way too much money. Consider that every time they spot something suspicious, that GM would have to basically stop checking all the campaigns to start an investigation on that one case.

It might be possible if the norm for the player base is to NOT exploit and to report. But it's the opposite here in ESO and has been for a long time, in part because ZOS's continued inaction breeds and attracts more exploiters.

Sooooo every time there’s a thread like this you’re going to post about getting rid of Cyro? Because you have a personal bugaboo about it, screw everyone who still enjoys playing it, even if we have to deal with bugs, lag, exploiters, and possible cheaters. Sorry, but it gets old, is selfish, and is not helpful at all.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »

Sooooo every time there’s a thread like this you’re going to post about getting rid of Cyro? Because you have a personal bugaboo about it, screw everyone who still enjoys playing it, even if we have to deal with bugs, lag, exploiters, and possible cheaters. Sorry, but it gets old, is selfish, and is not helpful at all.

I'd rather see exploiting and cheating stopped as that would likely have trickle-down effects elsewhere in the game where they are probably also exploiting, cheating, or where their ill-gotten gains are having an effect.
    Trying to hold on to open world PvP when it enables damaging the game play and player base as a whole is more selfish.
    As is forcing ZOS into implementing solutions that may well cost them far too much for the return.

Theoretically the system in place in Cyrodiil is fine. It makes sense.
    What ruins it is PLAYERS. They did it to themselves and the effects of their exploits -- not just in the currency they make but the attitudes it promotes -- have a wider effect than themselves. It spreads beyond them and outside of Cyrodiil as well. "Oh ZOS let's it happen there, they'll let it happen here too..."
    Anything ZOS does is a favour to the player base and I definitely feel they should have a point where they cut their losses or make a drastic change (e.g., completely remove AP as a reward) if they can't get a hold on getting control back.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 26, 2020 9:02AM
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    What ruins it [Cyrodiil] is PLAYERS. They did it to themselves
    FYI not everyone is cheating in Cyrodiil. Actually the vast majority of players is not. To remove a full part of the game that's been advertised and paid for by each player (and some of them may have bought it for PVP) because of a minority of players is ill-acting without punishment is a hot shot.

With this mindset you could as well remove the apparently unfixable trials from the game. Or shutdown the whole game because lag is not fixable. Focus should be on improving the game, not deleting it.

Btw AP boosting in Cyrodiil has been punished in the past, for example the Bleakers AP exploit a long time ago. The assumption it would require expensive in-game GMs to sort such things out is not necessarily true by any means. Why this issue has no priorities or resources allocated at this point, is impossible to tell from our end.

But to ask for a shutdown of each part of the game because something is broken would leave us without a game in the consequence. I doubt anyone seriously wants that.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

Oh! You mean the mythical "Game masters" that have been non existent on console and maybe spotted on PC 2-3 times since launch....
    Its comical. They could even get volunteers...

I have only ever seen a "Game Master" on ESO Xbox NA one time. That was like 3 years ago? 2? It was at the start of some event, and he/she was floating above everyone, and everyone was gathered around like children kissing his/her feet lol
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you win the campaign for holding resources... Cyrodil was never meant to be about skill, emp is literally rewarded to the zergling bomber who plays the most, I rarely see a player I would consider a good 1vXer or duellist as emp, Good outnumbered clips are worth more than any PvP rank or title, most of the time I see high ranked players Surfing a zerg with a health pool thats not 24-29k I think here comes a zergling snack and when I see a solo 1 square on the meta with 26k health I start to worry.
  • Concrete
    Concrete
    ✭✭✭
    I was there. We were not being friendly.

Player has worked out a bug/exploit where proximity detonation does not make a sound.