The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sprint activation with controller

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello. Can anyone explain this to me?

I play on both Xbox and PC with a separate controller for each. When I try to activate sprint (click left stick), it takes three tries to enter sprint mode. It’s very annoying and occurs on both platforms.

I think it mostly happens when I’ve been sprinting and hit scenery that stops the sprint but it also occurs simply switching from run to sprint or crouch to sprint, etc.

Is it a game bug or a controller issue or working as intended or what?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game bug. There's some other problems around gamepads, namely the fencing bug, so I'd lump this in with it. When I've experienced it, it usually clears up but there's been times where I've had to relog.
    Answer ✓
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Destai.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It also happens on PS4. It's very annoying.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I experience this sometimes also (PS4+). Its very frustrating and can actually get you killed in some circumstances.

Lolz... try sprinting in Cod WW2... or in fact any Cod game now... due to the way the games are built, something to do with dead zones on pads etc, many older pads or even not so old pads that are a little worn, simply cant sprint, how ridiculous is that? And purchasing a new pad could solve the problem... only for it to return very quickly.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Elite controllers, both fairly new. The problem is worse on PC with a controller that’s only a month or so old. I also get it on Stadia with my original Xbox controllers. Yes, it can get me killed in the current event.