The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with Red CP, The Lady (810 Breton Magicka Templar)

naturebased
naturebased
✭✭✭
My toons spell resistance: 16195
physical resistance: 10532
56 HARDY
56 ELEMENTAL DEFENDER
15 LIGHT ARMOR FOCUS
and for reference Ironclad is 81 and thick skinned is 51

My question is would it be worth it to drop points in hardy or elemental defender and add more into light armor focus? I know that in trials a majority of incoming damage is magic, so I'd like to have more magic resist than physical, but I'm thinking physical might be too low. I'm not sure, but I think dropping a percent in hardy for example and adding 7 points in light armor focus may be a bigger upgrade than that previous 1% was (602 physical resistance vs 1% increase, basically).
Edited by naturebased on June 21, 2020 4:35AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you check some of the online builds (such as Alcast), @naturebased, most of the Warrior CP is stacked into Ironclad and Thick Skinned ... to reduce both incoming direct damage and AOE.

No points allocated in light armor focus.

That's not to say you can't modify your setup for what your raid leader calls ... or to branch over to other playstyles while still focusing on Trials.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 21, 2020 6:49PM
  • naturebased
    naturebased
    ✭✭✭
    If you check some of the online builds (such as Alcast), @naturebased, most of the Warrior CP is stacked into Ironclad and Thick Skinned ... to reduce both incoming direct damage and AOE.

No points allocated in light armor focus.

That's not to say you can't modify your setup for what your raid leader calls ... or to branch over to other playstyles while still focusing on Trials.
    I get it, but my phys. resist is very low, and im asking about the Lady CP and just posted Warrior in case a someone would have asked. Is 602 phys resist better than 1% physical damage reduction?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely go below 49 in both Hardy and Elemental Defender.

Without knowing your playstyle, I recommend trying the online CP setup first.

If you have access to PTS, you can experiment with different CP setups without going through 3k gold each time.
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    The red CP changes with every trial on proper builds.
    PC - EU
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Light / Heavy / Medium Armor Focus and Spell Shield scale really badly. Counter intuitively they gain efficiency when you already have a lot of resistances, e.g. those CP may be valuable for tanks who are not quite at cap without them. As a light armor wearer with only 10K resistances, you're actually the worst candidate to reap any benefit. I don't know where the break even point is. As a rule of thumb, pushing Hardy is better on a light armor build and 15 into Light Armor Focus is possibly already too high.

I am a PvPer with only a passing interest in this, however I wrote a program once to calculate optimal CP for my purposes. The main insight I gleaned was the above. You only want a handful of CP in the armor stars, if any at all, and they only come into their own when you're already stacking armor. Like I said: Counter intuitive. Seems to match the recommendations from PvEers / YouTubers mentioned in this thread though.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB