The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Bow of Flame Upgrade

rustyrimes
I had a "Ruby Ash Bow of Flame" from a delve drop I decided to increase to Legendary, which worked great to Epic, but when I morphed it to Legendary status, it disappeared from my inventory, I could still see it on the crafting table deconstruct tab, but could not equip it.

Anybody have an idea what happened?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it in the Bank?

FYI, upgrading a non set weapon to Legendary is not the best use of Gold Tempers, you should save those for when you have a Set Item you want to use, either one you had or have crafted, or one that drops from a set you want to use on your build.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOU WHAT
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what a grand and intoxicating innocence
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh to be that innocent again.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No recall or intervention can work in this case
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have disappeared from the upgrade tab of a craft station (you can't upgrade it from legendary so it won't count as an upgradeable item). Or did it disappear completely, inventory and all?
  • rustyrimes
    Zorgon_The_Revenged, It disappeared from the main inventory list, and the weapon list. I know it vanishes from the upgrade list after legendary. Thank you.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sounds like perhaps you did not have enough gold improvements mats for a 100% chance at improvement.

If you fail you lose the item from what I’ve heard.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    rustyrimes wrote: »
    I had a "Ruby Ash Bow of Flame" from a delve drop I decided to increase to Legendary, which worked great to Epic, but when I morphed it to Legendary status, it disappeared from my inventory, I could still see it on the crafting table deconstruct tab, but could not equip it.

Anybody have an idea what happened?

oooooof

Im so sorry my dude but uh
    dont upgrade random dropped weapons
    its uhh..not me trying to tell you what to do but rather its...trust me you would be saving yourself a lot of pain. instead,try to make sure the weapon you want legendary is part of a set item,and one that would compliment your build. for using a bow,your probably a stamina character correct? also be aware that hybrids dont work too. fell into that trap when I was new.
    The ESO motto of "play how you want" is uhh.....unfortunately a very very very big lie. thats again not me trying to be like "grrr do this build do that grrr" or anything but...a fair amount of how the game works just isnt explained. you would probably find people able to explain better then me though. I wish you the best of luck!

but uhh,I have heard of a glitch like this happening? I think I saw a forum post about a similar thing happening to someone.
    But...lucky its a normal bow and not a rare set!
    Am sorry if I am not of much help here
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will look look back to this time and start to wept.
  • rustyrimes
    I greatly appreciate all the feedback, and definitely am learning from my mistakes. Didn't even realize the significance of set pieces, or builds, until doing some online research of ESO. It took three months before I realized the little magnifying glass icon meant I needed to research that item, so am playing catch up on everything. hahaha
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL, as long as you're having fun, that's the important thing.