Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon skill lane ultimates

killedbyping
killedbyping
✭✭✭✭
Question is simple.
Why is there no Weapon skill Ultimates ?
Why are we forced to use Magika dependant Ultimates only?
Ofc it is good to have possibility to mix magika and stamina based skill to utilize both pools. But still, Ultimates are all Magika depentant and this just aint right because you have no choise.
Lets say, i am an oldschool Warrior. I love to mainly depend on Stamina and dont care about magika at all. Why dont give a possibility to use Stamina based ultimates ?
The fact Ultimates use Ultimate points for use is fine. But the fact that all ultimates damage depends on Magika is wierd.
Edited by killedbyping on April 19, 2014 8:02PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe hitting something with your weapon isnt awesome or epic enough to be classified as ultimate.

You arent, ultimates are not based on magicka or stamina, they're seperate abilities based on... ultimate.

If you're really wanting an ultimate ability that comes from a stamina-only tree, use dawnbreaker from the fighter's guild skill line.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Drathmar
    Drathmar
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Maybe hitting something with your weapon isnt awesome or epic enough to be classified as ultimate.

You arent, ultimates are not based on magicka or stamina, they're seperate abilities based on... ultimate.

If you're really wanting an ultimate ability that comes from a stamina-only tree, use dawnbreaker from the fighter's guild skill line.

He meant that why is there no ultimate that scales off of stamina for damage instead of magicka (there is though, fighters guild one but thats it)
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can think of three reasons:
    I. To make room for more active skills.
    II. Its hard to conceptualize.
    III. Balancing acts.

The second point is the big one from a lore perspective. Ultimates are always big things that no mortal would usually be able to do with any regularity, like summoning a powerful atronach when they normally have little familiars or covering ones self in liquid steel to become just short of impervious. This is hard to adhere to when Elders Scrolls warriors are more grounded.

Point three is big too. If weapon lines had ultimates, they would have to scale off of magicka/stamina as well as weapon damage (all ultimates currently use spell damage). This means that equipment and spells can now boost your ultimate to absurd levels. Take Flawless Dawnbreaker for example. At high levels, the soft caps for spell damage is about 87, and the soft cap for stamina is about 2015; this leads to about 589 damage per use, which is pretty respectable. Now if we switch that to weapon damage, with a soft cap of about 189, we now have dawnbreaker hitting for 901. The weapon softcap is also really easy to surpass; a VR10 legendary two hander does about 160 damage, and damage buffs like momentum and surge with send that through the roof. This would make balancing a nightmare, and would make gear dependency even more of an issue than it is already.

But you are right, there currently aren't enough stamina-based ultimates
    The Psijic Order
  • TheBazard
    TheBazard
    Really glad this is something that others are asking for.

I really feel like each weapon skill tree should have an ultimate that suits well with the weapon itself.

I also feel that the weapon abilities should synergies better with one another. I'm loving the feel and style of a wood elf archer but I'm feeling forced to play into other skill lines so that I can get access to an ultimate ability. I really don't want to do that as none of the other ultimate's appeal to me or my play style.